Gas for a month !

browneyes65
on 6/7/14 11:05 am - IN

I can't get rid of the gas I have had it a month straight and I need a break. I have tried taking Protein drinks away, tried with water and milk makes no difference, tried taking yogurt and cheese away no difference. I have bought several gas relief meds from store and no relief. I need to get rid of gas and start off fresh so I will know what's giving it to me. I have a friend that had weight loss surgery  about 5 years ago and she told me my Dr can give me a medication that can help but can't remember the name but it helped her. Does anyone know of the medication and the name. I don't know what is giving me gas because I always have it. Thanks

tdbull
on 6/7/14 11:12 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I take 3 gas-X pills at a time if I have gas, but you don't say whether you are regular. I get constipated so I take a capful of Miralax a day and this really helps me.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

browneyes65
on 6/7/14 1:36 pm - IN

I have been regular, I usually go everyday. I took Miralax the other day and it made my gas even worse.

poet_kelly
on 6/7/14 11:23 am - OH

If you can't figure out what's causing the gas, I'd visit your doctor.  Your doctor can help figure out the cause and how to treat it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

browneyes65
on 6/7/14 1:37 pm - IN

Thanks, I just might have to.

geenaj
on 6/7/14 6:57 pm - Sweden
RNY on 11/28/13

You mention milk, yogurt. Is it possible that you have become lactose intolerant? I had a horroble gas problem after my surgery, mentioned it to my doc who said that it's a not-uncommon thing since the part of the intestine that handles lactose is out of the equation.

browneyes65
on 6/8/14 1:22 am - IN

I tried taking out milk and yogurt made no difference.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/8/14 11:15 am

A lot of food can cause gas.  Some that I had to eliminate almost completely are from FODMAP list (google that).  Also any grains (carbs) and some fiber.  Sugars alcohol (SA) even in a small qty like in chewing gum our even chewable vitamins gave me really bad gas. I can't eat most raw veggies and even some cooked ones I can only tolerate a bite or 2. 

Soy proteins (beans) would give me horrible gas. 

Google FODMAP diet and try to eliminate all of the foods . Check you food for any SA.  Elimiknaste that.  Go on a clear diet (one full day) and see if you get less gas. Then introduce one food per day to find out what food is giving you most trouble. 

Here is an example of mine gas free day (I eat like that when I travel) 

Hot ginger tea 

b: 1-2 eggs (no onion or cheese) with salt and pepper, couple of slices or lean protein, slice or 2 of tomato, or cucumber. 

S: meat slice with a pickle, couple of olives or a 1/8 avocado

L: broiled or grilled fish or chicken, salad made with cucumber + tomato (1/3 cup), or well cooked green beans, or squash mendly

S: same as above

D: like lunch - but with different veggies and protein choice 

LNS: 3-4 Brazil nuts or few (6-8) roased almonds. 

I would make sure to take Miralax daily so I don't get constipated.  A few (4-5) strawberries casn be added if they are available. 

That is a very good easy for me to be almost gas free.  It is supper restrictive - but since I have IBS - gas means really bad pain, and when I am out of town - the last thing I want is to gassy and in pain. 

When I am at home - I can eat more veriaty if I don't mind some gas and pain.  

A lot of us have issue with carbohydrates and too much fat. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

mittens20
on 6/8/14 12:13 pm - MD

i have been constipated since my surgery 3 months ago can someone please help me

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/8/14 10:40 pm

Talk to your doc.  But I take Miralax 1-3 capfuls EVERY day plus I take magnesium oxide every night (800-1200 mg).  But I need to due IBS-C and was cleared by my doc to take all of that.  I also eat more fat than carbs.  When I try to lose weight (like now) I limit carbs but not my fat. 

IMO - calcium taken without magnesium can turn into "cement" like in our guts... Type of irton yuou take can be also constipating.  Not drinking enough water - all will contribute to constipation.

When I get "backed up" I try tyo take it easy and have a very light diet for at least couple of days with mostly liquids. Adding more Miralax during the easy. Or even some gentle herbal cleansing tea to help move things ... While drinking a lot lot lot of water, green tea, boulion, et****il things are really moving... Then I slowly start adding foods.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 202 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 478 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 397 views
Recent Topics