What's on your menu today, RNYers? Monday

Dcgirl
on 6/15/14 10:39 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13
Good morning, OH friends!   I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I am on a two week trip (Detroit/London/Paris) so I may have to skip a few days or only contribute late in the day, but today I can start the post (due to the time difference, I have already had breakfast and lunch).  I likely won’t be able to comment on your comments but I will definitely be reading them :)   It’s SO lovely to be in London – I really do think it’s the best city in the world!  It’s a personal thing, of course, but god I do love this place so!  The people, the architecture, the markets…everything!     I discovered crunchy chickpeas which were a LIFESAVER for the flight over since they served pasta for dinner and a croissant for breakfast (SO not WLS friendly).  Thank god for that little bag of protein!   I woke up today at 7 to work out before my day of meetings so I’m pretty pleased to be at over 3 miles already.   Time Since Surgery: 6 months TODAY (so wish I had a scale!)   B: Javapro mocha protein shake in a shaker cup with water   L: Marks and Spencer chicken meatballs and prawns with chili sauce for a whopping 30 g of protein, plus a few olives   D: TBD   S: I bought pistachios since everyone else is having chips (or crisps as they are called here)   W: Working on it   V: First batch done   E: 2 miles on the treadmill, 1 mile walk to office, 15 minutes strength training   Totals without dinner (which will be at a restaurant) are 50 g of protein, 45 g of carbs and 500 calories   BTW, for our international marketing meeting, we were asked to bring something from our countries.  I am currently sitting at a table with sweets from Singapore, Turkey, Spain, England, Australia AND MORE!  Must summon willpower lol…   What’s on your menu today?

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/14 11:16 pm

Em I am glad you are enjoying your trip at least the part about being in England

B:Poached eggs on one piece of light bread

L:Yogurt

D:Steak taco with black bean corn salsa

S:not sure 

Vitamins I am on i****er I am working on that also. I am going to Costco and hope I can get some work down around the house.I want to go to the beach.But too much to do with daughter graduating next week. I can't believe it is coming too fast.

Cunning_Pam
on 6/16/14 12:23 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Good morning 3BH! I hope you find some time for yourself, and maybe a beach trip, even with all the stuff to do with your daughter graduating. Is she graduating from high school or college? Either way, congrats to her AND to you and her dad!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/14 2:24 am

High School thank goodness. Thank you.

karenp8
on 6/16/14 12:15 am - Brighton, IL

London sounds exciting but the sweets not so much! I love to work out in hotels now just to check out the different equipment. My husband is pretty sure I am warped that way! Good for you in starting your day out with exercise. It just feels great to get it done,doesn't it?! I got my walk in early this morning with Lily. We got soaked on the way home because it started raining but you should have seen how fast we were moving at the end of our three miles. I had to laugh as I realized that two years ago I couldn't have walked that distance at any pace and today I was nearly running as we finished. I am so thankful for my surgery! Today I weigh 119.4 pounds 21 months after my surgery and I can do anything I want to do! On track with vitamins and fluids. When done with my coffee I will spend 20 minutes with Jillian doing level 2 of 30 day shred. Here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nut mix and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L left over cashew chicken without rice S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D 31/2oz ground beef and 1/2 c pea pods and mushrooms S 3/4 c Greek yogurt. Tonight Lily and I have our first obedience class. Wish me luck! She is really stubborn so it could be fun.

Cunning_Pam
on 6/16/14 12:26 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Good for you for taking Lily to obedience classes, Karen! A well-trained dog is really a joy. I had the world's most stubborn German Shepherd once; strong-willed dogs are the ones who need the obedience classes the most. And it's a great bonding exercise for you both, as well!

I love that you were thinking about how much better your health is now, compared to before your surgery. Good for you!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Cunning_Pam
on 6/16/14 12:21 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Morning/afternoon, Em! Glad to hear things are going well on your trip so far. London is definitely on my list of places to visit once the husbeast can travel. I'm glad it's someplace you enjoy since you have to be there for work.

Congratulations on your six month surgiversary! You have ROCKED this so far, and I just know you're going to continue doing so. I'm looking forward to your update about how much weight you've lost when you get back home to your scale. Thank you for your always upbeat, helpful attitude during the last six months, as well as being a great example of how to manage post op. You're my hero! 

A pretty quiet day planned here. I have some rearranging to do in the basement so I can set up a couple of sets of shelving to try to clear some space in my kitchen. We have a teensy tiny kitchen, with no pantry to speak of, so I've had to resort to a baker's rack in the breakfast nook to hold appliances/bakeware etc. However, it's now overflowing with canned goods, packaged items and everything else, so I need to make a second area downstairs for storage. Now that I can climb up and down the stairs without feeling like I'm going to die, that's easily done!

I did want to share a pic from yesterday. This was just what I wanted to wear, I had no special reason to put on a dress except that I actually looked pretty good in it IMNSHO! I can still see the "problem spots" with my body (calves, upper arms especially) but I can also see all the improvements and how much better I look overall. Sorry for the blurriness of the picture, my hubby isn't the best cameraperson I'm afraid.

That dress is a 1X, and I had PLENTY of room in it. I could easily have gotten it in a straight Large if there had been one on the rack.

So, for today: Water - a little slow today, ramping it up right now. Supplements - taking the morning doses, rest on schedule. Exercise - One treadmill session done this morning, gym and another round of treadmill this afternoon. Menu so far (I'd like to add a few more calories since today is a gym day) - 

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Dannon Light N Fit - Greek Yogurt - Peach, 5.3 oz 80 8 0 12 45 7  
  80 8 0 12 45 7  
Lunch
Heinz - Reduced Sugar Ketchup, 2 tbsp(16g) 10 2 0 0 380 2  
Gold's - Horseradish (Prepared), 1 tsp. 0 0 0 0 30 0  
Garden Tomato - Slice, 2 medium slice 1/4'" 8 1 0 0 2 1  
Generic - Butter Head Lettuce, 0.25 cup (55g) 2 0 0 0 1 0  
All Natural - Lump Crabmeat, 3 oz. 100 0 1 20 320 0  
  120 3 1 20 733 3  
Dinner
Generic - Hamburger Steak, 4 ounces 169 0 6 28 0 0  
Homemade - Mushroom Gravy, 4 tablespoon 96 0 8 2 252 0  
  265 0 14 30 252 0  
Snacks
Generic - Extra Large Eggs, 1 egg 90 1 5 6 70 0  
Chicken - Breast, meat and skin, cooked, roasted, 0.5 breast, bone removed 193 0 8 29 70 0  
Driscoll's - Raspberries - Fresh - Raw, 0.25 cup (123g) 15 4 0 0 0 1  
Kraft - String 2 % Milk Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese Stick, 1 stick 60 0 4 7 160 0  
  358 5 17 42 300 1  

Totals 823 16 32 104 1,330 11  
Your Daily Goal 1,316 66 51 149 2,300 59

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Finding_Feather
on 6/16/14 12:58 am

Pam you look great in that dress!

Cunning_Pam
on 6/16/14 4:55 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Thank you, Feather!

AnnyBananny
on 6/16/14 2:58 am, edited 6/16/14 3:09 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Adorbs, Pam, love the dress, but. It's of all love the smile!!!!!

(Edit: lets try this again, I'm in my iPad and the auto correct is killing me.)

but it's the smile that I really love!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?