What's on the menu today, RNYers? Wed!

Dcgirl
on 6/17/14 6:05 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH friends!

I woke up this morning (at 4:30 am - ugh, jet lag) and read yesterday's menu post.  It put SUCH a smile on my face!!!  Pam, thanks for starting it!  Loving seeing your workout routine - running for 4 minutes?!  You go!!!  Kenyatta - WELCOME BACK!!!  You were seriously a huge inspiration to me as soon as I got on OH.  I am so glad you are back posting, and love seeing your menu, as always.  Susan (3BH), your menu looked delish!  Anny - OMG that dress!!!  I am not ready for knee length dresses but when I am, I am adding that to my queue! Dodgergirl, I hear you on the "busy with work" thing.  KarenP, that's awesome that Lily is not hating obedience class.  And Feather, glad to see you progressing into soft solids/solids and doing well!

Sorry I have been a bit absentee this week.  London is fab, and I am trying to stay on plan but my calories are around 1,000 or so a day.  I have been walking about 5 miles a day.  I got up early today and went to the gym, so I am feeling good!

Figured I would start the post because I am missing y'all!

B: Javapro espresso protein shake

L: Chicken meatballs, prawns with chili (Marks & Spencer rules!)

D: TBD - we have a social event at a ****tail making class and then I am getting some protein, from somewhere!

E: 2.5 miles treadmill, 10 minutes strength training

W: Working on it - have two espressos in already lol

V: This was a reminder!

What's on your menu today?

Have a great Hump Day, everyone! Em

JJ0609
on 6/17/14 9:42 pm, edited 6/17/14 9:45 pm

Hello everyone! I have been binge free for 5 days. Working on day 6! This is a very hard obstacle. I thought I was through with the trials of RNY surgery but apparently not. It has been 5 years since my initial surgery and 7 months since stomach and colon revision-candy cane removal. It emerged due to strict dieting for months while trying to reach an unobtainable goal just to please someone else (my doctor). Sometimes you just have to go against doctor's orders. LOL!

I am looking at my eating a different way and it is totally uncomfortable. I have a hard time just eating and not counting calories but I am learning not to be so strict about it. It is alright to be aware, just not obsessed. I have to learn to how to eat with balance mindful, healthy eating. Please think about and pray for me as I embark on this lifetime journey. Thanks for your  support and I appreciate your understanding. Have a great HUMP day!   

V: already had first batch second batch alert set

W: need to bump it up

B: blueberry vanilla café with flaxseed shake

D: chicken, grape and flaxseed salad with crackers

S: PureProtein Bar

S: buffalo chicken and grapes

S: QuestBar

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Dcgirl
on 6/17/14 11:09 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You're not alone, Sara...we are all struggling (whether it's binging, or just general overeating, or emotional eating, or craving sweets)...so know that we are here for you!  I am glad you are on day 6 - one day at a time :)  Sending hugs your way!

Finding_Feather
on 6/18/14 12:57 am

hope you feel better, stay positive! :)

Amber L.
on 6/17/14 10:23 pm - Grandview, MO

I've been hurting really badly lately and so my husband has been in charge of food, which has me slipping back into horrible bad habits, but I'm pushing through it today! Here's the plan:

b: iced latte protein shake

l: strawberry shake with real strawberries and added fiber

d: ground turkey, onion and peppers in marinara (I miss sketti)

v: too easy

w: Sooo hard. Goal to day is 50oz. Shakes should help!

I should add snacks: sugar free Popsicle and maybe some jello.

Surgery date: May 28, 2014 | Heaviest Weight: 323 | Height: 5'9" | Age: 30

Dcgirl
on 6/17/14 11:11 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Amber!  Looks like you're 3 weeks out?  Keep with it - once you see the great results you will feel lighter and stronger each day!  My plan was DEFINITELY not inclusive of strawberries (because of the seeds) at three weeks post-op so just be careful with those!  I miss spaghetti too but I make shirataki noodles which are some sort of miracle food with no carbs, hardly any calories, and once you cover them in ground turkey and marinara, you can almost pretend they are the same :)

karenp8
on 6/17/14 10:40 pm - Brighton, IL

Good morning everyone. It's going to be a hot and humid one here in Illinois. Glad to see you start us off today Em and glad that London is going well. You should be just fine on 1000 calories as active as you are. You are so faithful to exercise in all kinds of situations and such an inspiration! JJ I will be praying for you as you work through this latest bump in your journey. Just take it one choice and one day at a time. Lily and I got our walk in already this morning. We did 3 miles and in a few minutes I will do level 2 of the 30 day shred DVD. I hate Jillian but the workout seemsbto really be toning up my arms. The saggy skin is still there but at least now there are defined muscles under it! On track with vitamins and fluids too. Weight today is 120.4 pounds and I am 21.5 months post op. Here's my food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with but mix and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz tilapia and 1/2 c coleslaw S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D not sure yet but some type of meat with green beans S 3/4 c Greek yogurt before bed. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Dcgirl
on 6/17/14 11:13 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hmmm gonna have to check out the Jillian shred DVD!  Anything that will help these arms is welcome in my life!!!  Congrats on your maintenance.  I ate too much at lunch :(  It was all protein but just too much.  As awesome as London is, I am more comfortable at home with my kitchen scale and my own groceries!  Glad you got your walk out of the way and avoid that bad-hair weather!  :)

karenp8
on 6/17/14 10:43 pm - Brighton, IL

Amber you should try some spaghetti squa**** reminds me of spaghetti but without the nasty stuck feeling I get with even a tiny bit of pasta. Or there are cutters at Walmart that can be used to turn zucchini and other veggies into noodle like strips.

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/14 12:30 am

Good morning or afternoon. It is another beautiful day here.I am going to the beach tonight to walk.I have been following my plan but for some reason I can't get under two hundred.I know it will happen.

I have been cooking a cleaning out cabinets all morning. For some reason when I get stressed I cook.Healthy things.

B:Egg salad didn't sit well so I made a strawberry costco shake and threw in some ice and I had some bananas with chocolate in the freezer so I threw two chunks in they are about 6 carbs for the two. Tastes really good

L:salad with chicken

D:Stuffed meatloaf with very little potatos just about a cup for a huge meatloaf.I stuffed it onions and carrots and spinach with some shredded cheese.

I am going to focus on my protein I don't think I have been getting enough. So I am going to get my Ninja and put it on the counter make a shake for a snack tonight.

Vitamins are in for the morning 

Water working on 32 oz so far 

Totally going to make husband walk on the beach tonight.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics