What's on the menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 6/18/14 11:04 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all! I'm back at home and *trying* to get back into routine. This is made difficult when one comes home to an empty(ish) fridge and only enough time and energy to either work out or go to the grocery store. Water aerobics won out.

My menu is...sparse today, but I'll hit the grocery tonight. I'm excited to report that I did lose while I was away, putting my weight loss at 79.5 pounds for my 3 month surg-i-versary, holy moly! 20 of that came pre-op, but 59.5 in JUST. THREE. MONTHS. WOW! I feel proud, strong, confident, determined. How about you?

Time since surgery: 14 weeks

B: Quest bar

S: Coffee with cream, Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

L: Quest bar (are you sensing a theme?)

S before Y: String Cheese and pineapple

D: Omelet with Eggbeaters, chevre, and onions, some steamed carrots

S: Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake, .5oz roasted chick peas

TOTALS: Calories 840, Protein 90, Carbs 47, Fat 26

V: started

W: I've been getting really good at liquids and most days am getting into the 80s, next week I start trying for 90oz!

E: a trip to the Y, plus grocery shopping which always adds CRAZILY to my step count LOL

What about YOU?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 6/18/14 11:16 pm - Brighton, IL

I feel strong and confident too,Anny! Just back from an early(before it gets too hot) 3 mile walk with the pup. Every morning where the humidity and temp is up I am reminded of how miserable I would have been two years ago. And I wouldn't have been walking any distance either! I used to be so miserable during the summer that I was nearly homebound and now I can work in the yard in the heat of the day--with lots of water! I will do 20 minutes on the bike later after food pantry hours. On track with fluids and vitamins too. B 1/2 c steel cut oats with but mix and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz tilapia and 1/2 c Greek yogurt  S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D 31/2 oz rib eye with 1/2 c mixed veggies S 3/4 c Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 6/18/14 11:18 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, Karen! I'm right there with you on the heat and humidity thing. I can't say that I like it, but I can already see how much more comfortable I am than I would have been last year!

mesmithie
on 6/18/14 11:24 pm
with

I have not figured out my day yet, but I have started cooking again and I was rather pleased with myself about a couple things I made. I had been craving chicken parmagiana which, of course, is fried. I tried to eliminate as much oil as possible. I dipped my chicken in egg, then breadcrumbs, and then baked them. I like the chicken to be thin (New York style) but then the chicken breasts dry out so I baked them thick as they were, then when they were finished, I sliced them so they would be nice and then in the individual casserole dishes. I made my own sauce so there was no fat or sugar in it to cover the chicken slices. Then added the sliced cheese and baked. My super picky family could not even tell that it was made differently and it was YUMMY!

Finding_Feather
on 6/19/14 12:46 am

that sounds really good, will have to try making it!

karenp8
on 6/18/14 11:26 pm - Brighton, IL

That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Dcgirl
on 6/18/14 11:44 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Yay, Anny!  Love hearing that you feel strong and confident!  I am feeling the same way.  I have had SOOO many NSVs on this trip.  Like the other day when we were offsite at University of Westminster and I looked it up on google maps and saw that it was 2 miles from my hotel and was excited about walking there to get my steps in!  I mean, hello...rewind one year and that would NOT have been the case!  I would have been in a taxi.

I hear ya on the empty fridge...I arrive home Tuesday night and I have personal training at 8 am on Wednesday so hopefully Wed after work I can hit Harris Teeter and stock up on good, clean protein.  I am sooooo tired of eating out.

Speaking of, I have a question to pose to the group. Do you all find that some meals you can eat a horse (ok, still a small amount, but a bigger small amount) and then other times you can eat like one piece of chicken from a skewer and you feel you are on the verge of the foamies?  The only thing I hate about traveling is not being able to weigh my food, but I try to eyeball it, and sometimes I feel like I can eat that much and MORE whereas at other times I eat 1 oz of meat and my pouch is DONE.  Just curious if everyone else experiences this as well.

Anyway, I am sitting in meetings with my legs crossed, in a super cute dress :)  Yet another NSV!

Hope everyone has an awesome Thursday.  It's almost the weekend!!!!!!!  Em

AnnyBananny
on 6/19/14 12:07 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I totally feel like that sometimes, Em! My friend Meg (the 5 years post-RNYer) tells me that she finds if she waits too long to eat that she can't eat much and I seem to have the same thing happen. If I eat every 4ish hours, I can eat my regular 4oz, but when I stretch it, I feel fuller faster!

Dcgirl
on 6/19/14 12:52 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good point - I ate dinner around 9 pm last night and then today I just had a protein shake for breakfast and didn't have "food" until after 1. And I was so full so fast. I will never make my protein number if I don't eat some chicken as a snack in a bit :)

Thanks for weighing in! Great point made!

Finding_Feather
on 6/19/14 12:41 am

I totally get what you're saying. sometimes 1oz is enough, sometimes 3oz is what i need. And crossing your legs is a huge NSV! I can't wait for that day! haha.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404