harder eating hot foods?

gypsgirl
on 6/23/14 5:36 am

I'm about 2 months out from Bypass and am introducing foods back into my diet. Seem to have a problem with foods right after they are cooked.  Pouch seems to fill up within the first bite or two and feel I need to finish my measured out portions of 3 oz.  Room temp or cold foods give me no problems.  Anyone else have this problem?  seems to be more with meats than anything.

Grandmaneice
on 6/23/14 6:40 am
RNY on 03/24/14

Meats are more denser and will fill you up faster.  Don't force your self to eat all of your portion if you can 't.  I know from experience, the pain is not worth it.

selhard
on 6/23/14 7:44 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Some days I can only eat one or two bites of meat before feeling tight pressure in the chest area.  Other days, I can consume 4 ounces of meat no problem.  Now, I will pay attention to your hot/cold theory eventhough I thought it had to do with how well I chewed the first couple of bites, what kind of meat it was, or how tender the cut was.  I have used papaya enzyme (found where vitamins are sold) to relieve and break down the "meat stuck sensation" a couple of times with success (it has been warned on this forum to use papaya enzyme sparingly).

dragonlove
on 6/23/14 8:57 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Something to consider... I've noticed that if I take a bite of something really hot, I tend to swallow it before it is fully chewed up because it is hot... then it doesn't sit as well as usual.  Maybe that is what is happening for you?  I tend to let things cool off a little before eating.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

gypsgirl
on 6/23/14 10:40 pm

thanks for the ideas.  It seems to be with chicken breast or steak.  It may be that I'm not chewing it thoroughly since it is hot. I'll give it a try.

BWB
on 6/24/14 8:06 am

At forst I thought you meant spicey hot foods, which I can't tolerate but it depends on how dense it is. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 474 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 38 views
Recent Topics