RNYs,post op

KDK_newme
on 6/23/14 11:22 pm

RNYs can anyone give me some ideas what to have on hand first few weeks post-op. Drinks or otherwise. What is the best protein drink you have had.thx

hi_beth
on 6/24/14 7:26 am

I couldn't stand the protein powders.  I like bottles of Pure Protein Shakes, find them in packages of 4 at WalMart in the pharmacy.  Not all Walmarts carry them, I found them at a large one.

BWB
on 6/24/14 7:43 am

Unjury has the best tasting protein powder.  Get the unflavored to add to soups and pureed food.  Chocolate is a good go to for a near to the real chocolate milk taste.  I liked to puree baked chicken with asapargus soup.  By this time many things will taste good.  Hated the bean entrees that seem to be popular with a lot of people.  Scrambled eggs with cheese was my favorite.  It took all of the 30 minutes to eat it but eggs are still my favorite protein meal.  

All in all, it is an over whelming phase but hang in there and it gets easier rather quickly. 

Lori W.
on 6/24/14 8:47 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

You'll read this time and again but don't buy big tubs of protein powder. I loved the Unjury Chocolate Splendor before surgery, can't get a drop down now, have 1/2 a tub left. Buy single packs. The only one I can drink now is Premier Protein chocolate ready-to-drink. Sam's Club and Costco sell it cheaper than GNC-type places. I also found fruity-type powders - Bari-Wise Wild Berry, Pineapple Orange and some other flavors via the internet.  I also drank lite juices. Good luck to you!

burghblonde
on 6/24/14 10:46 am
RNY on 05/12/14

Sugar free tropical popsicles!!! They were my saving grace. Also G2, Powerade Zero, or some type of water enhancers. My favorite protein is actually the ready to drink Atkins Mocha Latte. They come in packs of 4 and there are other flavors as well. Also you can go to Nashua Nutrition's website and get lots of single serve/samples of proteins from there.

So many people have a huge change in taste after surgery as stated above, that I wouldn't buy too much f one protein until you know for sure what is going to work for you.

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 406 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?