Vitamins, 5 minutes apart !

browneyes65
on 6/24/14 8:13 am - IN

Do we have to take our vitamins 5 minutes apart even if is the same vitamins, because I take 3 calcium petites morning, lunch and dinner besides my other vitamins. Can I swallow one after the other is that alright ?

Lori W.
on 6/24/14 8:41 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

I was told only that iron has to be taken by itself - 1 hour apart from other vitamins. Other than that, I take multi and B12 at the same time as I'm taking my other medications. For you, especially if they're the 3 of the same you should be able to take them together.

poet_kelly
on 6/24/14 9:23 am - OH

Iron should be at least two hours apart from calcium, according to the ASMBS.  Also, calcium should be taking in doses of 500 to 600 mg, taken at least two hours apart.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 6/24/14 9:22 am - OH

You can swallow them one after the other or in one gulp if you want.  In the morning, I usually swallow both my calcium pills plus my multi in one swallow.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

browneyes65
on 6/24/14 10:05 am - IN

Thanks everyone, I can only swallow one pill at a time because just recently I could swallow a pill. I wish I could swallow a few pills at a time, maybe one day.

Shirleyann_43
on 6/25/14 12:39 pm

I cut mine up with a pill cutter.

SW-384 SW-362 CW-260

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?