30 minute water wait?

Showbiz7757
on 6/24/14 9:34 am

Does the 30 minute before and after wait to drink water include protein shakes?

poet_kelly
on 6/24/14 9:56 am - OH

there is no reason to wait 30 minutes after drinking to eat.  And no, I don't think it includes protein shakes, since they are liquid and won't stay in your pouch long anyway.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

leslie14
on 6/24/14 2:02 pm

I have found that there is no reason to wait for 30 minutes on the before side, and that includes protein shakes for me.  I'm talking abou****er and protein powder, not one with a bunch of fruit or veggies. Not sure how that would be.  I do need to wait a little bit after liquid before I eat, but more like 5-10 minutes. 

As for after, I usually need to wait more than 30 minutes to drind liquid after I eat! For me it's 45 minutes typically.  

You'll need to see what works for you.

Surgery 10/1/2013  

lomercha
on 6/25/14 2:04 am

Yes, any liquid. Long-term this has been soo important to maintenance for me. I will wait 45 minutes to an hour after eating for any liquid(I don't want to push my food through and be hungry sooner). I also do not follow the 30 minutes wait before eating.

Amy D.
on 6/25/14 2:35 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

I do not wait 30 minutes after drinking to eat.

I do wait at least 30 minutes after eating solids before drinking but I do not wait to drink after consuming anything that was considered a liquid during my liquid diet phase such as shakes or yogurt.

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
basilmk
on 6/25/14 10:27 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

I asked at one of my follow up appointments and was told that there was no need to wait after drinking...just after eating. It works for me!

marty

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics