The Bariatric Bob - Hair doo

Blackbird1987
on 7/3/14 10:34 am

I am in my "month 4" and my hair is falling out like crazy. I just cleaned out the vacuum today because it was screaming when I used it (totally locked up with hair). I find hair everywhere around the house, I sweep the floors often with a broom and you would think that I live in a salon! The drains are being cleaned often and I brush out clumps every day. 

I am getting married next August (8th) and I want long hair for the wedding but I think if I get the Bariatric Bob cut now, I will have some nice length by next year. 

Any suggestions on style? Have you cut your hair yet? 

I figure, it will still fall out but less of a mess? 

Eno
on 7/3/14 11:09 am - ocala, FL

:/ theres nothing you can do to save it

Blackbird1987
on 7/3/14 12:14 pm

No there is nothing I can do to save it :( I am just accepting it and trying to make the best, I think a bob could be cute and I have heard that often times when it grows back in, it is fuller than before :) yay! 

Dianna S.
on 7/3/14 11:44 am

I already cut mine.  bottom of the earlobe bob.  I think I look cute and I know it will be easier to grow back later.  you could always get extensions, my friend did after her surgery and she looks great.

RNY on 6/30/14 with Dr Boynton

Blackbird1987
on 7/3/14 12:15 pm

Thank you! I am sure your bob looks great! I think I may just go for it! :) 

CHELLEYGIRL
on 7/3/14 12:35 pm - PALMDALE, CA

i cut mine to mid neck length.. it was cute and made my hair look much fuller! My hair fell out in clumps! No I'm trying to grow it back out! If it decides to ever grow past my shoulder!

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Blackbird1987
on 7/3/14 12:50 pm

I want a fuller look too, I think it will help for sure. I am worried about how slow it may grow back but I figure eventually (at this rate) I will need to cut it so better sooner and let it start growing back. haha That is just what I tell myself. 

I am also trying to tell myself that this is a good reward/treat for myself. I am trying to replace food with other things like shopping or doing something nice to pamper myself. Maybe I'll even get some highlights! :) 

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/14 9:54 pm

Taking my multi and biotin really makes my hair grow like a weed.. Add good proteins and like me you woulkd need a trim every 4 weeks... Find a good hairdresser... And reasonable priced.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Musicteech
on 7/3/14 10:18 pm - TX
VSG on 06/17/14

I'm not looking forward to this happening cuz it'll be near my birthday & near the start of school.  I've always had a ton of hair. Does biotin come in chewables or can we swallow the pill form?

Highest wt 353 (Sept. 2013); surgery wt (June 17, 2014) 336; Current Wt 250.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/14 10:46 pm

Pill or capsules, I personally try to get all my supplements in capsules, they work really well for me. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 283 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics