Was/Is anyone here over 400 lbs?

RRach
on 7/3/14 2:44 am

Are you or were you? Did you have success? Did it work for you? I go from scared to confident to scared and today is one of those scared days. I don't want to fail. But it seems like all of the success stories I am finding are from people 350 and less. 

20 days left...

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

Showbiz7757
on 7/3/14 3:10 am

I started out at 430, lost 50 before surgery. I'm down to 280, six months out. BEST decision I have ever made!

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/14 3:14 am

You may want to check forum for peopelwith BMI over 50... http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/bmi_over_50/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

emmalyn
on 7/3/14 4:19 am

My highest weight was 392lbs, does that count? I guess I am not really a success story yet but I still think im pretty awesome! lol

RonSudol
on 7/3/14 4:25 am - NJ
On July 3, 2014 at 9:44 AM Pacific Time, RRach wrote:

Are you or were you? Did you have success? Did it work for you? I go from scared to confident to scared and today is one of those scared days. I don't want to fail. But it seems like all of the success stories I am finding are from people 350 and less. 

20 days left...

work ethic and motivation to succeed has no scale..  weahter you are 350-450-550.. etc..  if you want to succeed, you will.. if you want to be average, you will be..

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

new_me180
on 7/3/14 4:40 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I was 407 at the start of my journey. Lost 35 before surgery and 8 months later i'm 255. I have 80 more pounds to go before i reach goal. I won't lie, it's been hard work including lots of time at the gym. I actually love the gym now and how much lighter i am. I too still have fears of being a failure and then i'm reminded by this lovely community of how far i've come. Sometimes i look in the mirror and still see a fat me and sometimes i see a SEXY me. This truly is a journey that has many exciting parts in between. I'm not a success yet as i'm still trying to achieve my goal but, i'm going to work my bardes to get to that goal.

Wishing you the best of luck with yours... 

ShrinkingJoe
on 7/3/14 5:45 am, edited 7/3/14 5:46 am

6 foot, 2-inch, male, 404 lbs on day of surgery.  Lost 175 lbs in 9 months doing absolutely nothing in terms of exercise, just going about my daily life.  The rest came off after a summer of exercise - now at almost 4 years out, down to 195 - I lost over 1/2 of my body weight -- that's body weight, not excess weight.  I lost all of my excess weight and achieved normal numbers in every category.  Yeah - it does work!

Angela_Italiana
on 7/3/14 7:00 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

I started at 460 and am currently down to 206, and still losing :)

Showbiz7757
on 7/3/14 7:08 am

You people are hard on yourselves. I was a success the moment I decided to have the surgery. I still have 80 lbs to go, but I'm already a success story and the story will just keep getting better.

Dcgirl
on 7/3/14 7:41 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I was close...highest weight ever was 369...lost 18 lbs in the two week pre-op liquid diet for a surgery weight of 351.  I will be seven months out on July 16th and I am 221 lbs as of yesterday!  My loss has been a steady stair step down BUT I do not eat carbs (white flour/sugar) nor do I drink alcohol and I go to the gym at least 5 times a week.  So I don't know if you can be successful just with RNY but if you combine RNY with a total change in lifestyle and diet, you can do it!  This is an exciting time right now and I promise you won't even recognize yourself in six months!  Just wait!  Very happy for you - 20 days will go by quickly and I can't wait to hear about your success on OH!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics