Protein coffee...I finally have one!

Dcgirl
on 7/3/14 10:21 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all - at almost seven months out I am still quite dedicated to plan. I don't stray and haven't allowed myself even a bite of dessert. That being said, I introduced coffee back into my diet pretty early out! I have tried every possible way to make protein coffee. Various brands like click and javapro, mixing it lukewarm/cool/hot, shaker bottles and whisks. But I could never get it to wor****il today!!! Someone on here recommended Chike high protein iced coffee. 10 Oz of cold water in a shaker bottle with 2 scoops and NO CLUMPS! And it tastes like a sweet iced coffee. I should freaking buy stock in this company because I can tell this is going to be a new daily beverage!

I also weighed myself today before getting dressed for the gym (yeah I barely recognize myself) and I'm down 150 lbs. My initial goal is 50 more lbs but I think I am going to revise that down by 15 lbs. What once seemed impossible now seems attainable. Thanks to all of you and your support and advice!

I'm feeling pretty euphoric except when I look at my flat sagging booty! What happened back there?! Lol

Smithren
on 7/3/14 10:47 pm - Bethlehem, CT
RNY on 06/24/14

Thanks for the info on the iced coffee!  I do miss my iced coffee!  

Congratulations on your success, you are an inspiration!  You should be VERY proud!

HW: 280  SW: 264  GW: 140

Dcgirl
on 7/4/14 12:25 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks Smithren! I'm pretty damn stoked every day when I wake up. Just focused on losing so I can then focus on the hard part - maintenance!

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/14 11:16 pm

I bought and tried the  click coffee but really did not like it much.  

I used regular good chocolate protein powder - mixed with some water - blended really well and added to my coffee instead of sweeteners or creamer.  Loved that.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dcgirl
on 7/4/14 12:27 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

For some reason no matter how I blend it, it was always gritty or chunky in some way...which is why I am obsessed with chike haha! But chocolate protein powder in coffee would be amazing. I may have to try it. Thanks for the tip, Hala!

Eggface
on 7/3/14 11:39 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I love Chike Iced Coffee... comes in regular and Mocha (Chike Mocha is only available via phone orders right now) Good stuff. I love it turned into a frappucino-type drink in the blender http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-day -in-my-pouch.html It's nice that it's whey protein too.

LOL on the booty... same here, gone and ouch... not a chair I can sit on for very long.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Dcgirl
on 7/4/14 12:29 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Shelly! Your blog has been a GODSEND for me through this process! I love your meal ideas and of course your loss and maintenance is amazing. I may have to give Chike Mocha a try too. I got this canister on Amazon with two day shipping. So easy and convenient!

Thanks for continuing to give us ideas and pics on your blog. I swear I read every single page in your site when I was pre-op. Your meal ideas and substitutions helped me believe I could do this!

Eggface
on 7/4/14 8:44 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Awww thank you for the kind compliment. I am glad it helped. The Chike Mocha is really yummy. A slight chocolate flavor to the original, slightly sweeter I think. It really is better than anything at Bux. I am thankful for them on HOTTER THAN YOU KNOW WHAT days like we have here in the valleys of SoCal. 100 degrees I make one of those and my body cools down right away. 

I like all the coffee proteins in their own way... it's an individual taste thing really... some are stronger, some lighter, yeah I think the bonus with Chike is its whey protein... or with the others do 1 scoop into a scoop of chocolate whey or something. It would be fun if you can get WLS friends together (or at a support group meeting) and do a coffee protein sampling. Anyway... thank you for the sweet words.

~Shell 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

poet_kelly
on 7/3/14 11:48 pm - OH

I love chike iced coffee.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amy D.
on 7/3/14 11:54 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

I actually like Click a lot so that's what I typically use. I haven't tried Chike but I'd like to.

Glad you found something that works for ya! Congrats on your success thus far!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 441 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 383 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 106 views
Forum Search Error & 404