Gastric By Pass RNY versus DS (Duodenal Switch)

Helenation
on 7/3/14 10:44 pm

Hello I'm new here, My surgry for RNY has been aproved, my surgery date is pending to one more appointment that I have to go through with the pulmonologyt, after that, I should have my surgery date, which should be the end of July if beginning of August, only becaue the pulmonologyst didn't have any appointment opened before July 17, otherwise I could've had my surgery before that. I used to have the band, which unfortunately didn't work for me for almot 10 years, was removed in January, since then I've gained about 40 pounds, and I'm at 250 now. This time I decided for RNY, my BMI is 40 and I thought I could benefit fro the mal aborbsion and also get rid of my diabetes. I know a bit about ARNY becuse when I had the band I did a lot of researh, but I hear now about the DS (Duodenal Switch) which is supposed to be even better than RNY, or nore effective, yet more complicated, I would lik help deciding, and your opinons ad advises regarding both surgeries, ccording to what you know, I know we're all not experts, but we have done reearh and I'm a bit confused between the DS and RNY, I don't seem to grasp the "more" benefits with the DS to justify the DS beings so more riskier surgery, but maybe I'm wrong? could you be so kind and give me so answers, or direct me where I can get more ansers and advices?  I would really appreciate it very mcuh. Helena

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 273 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics