Lump

Denise2200
on 7/10/14 3:21 pm

I just discovered a lump/bump under my ribcage in the front.  Sound like anything RNY related?  I don't know if I should seek medical attention tonight or wait until doc office opens in the morning.  I don't have any pain.  I was just chilling in my recliner and pushed it back and rested my hand on my chest and there it was!  I did have stomach blockage tonight...not sure from what food I ate, and I did throw up a little, but there is still a little discomfort from that.

molly3613
on 7/10/14 11:32 pm - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Every time I felt a lump or a bump it turned out to be a bone I hadnt had contact with in years.  Collar bones showed up, shoulder blades popped out, my shoulders had bones sticking up, hip bones, knee bones.  And I still need to lost another 30 lbs.  i hope this is the case for you.  Let is know.

RRach
on 7/11/14 3:01 am

Was your surgery recent? I ask because my surgeon told us that we would feel a lump/bump to the front right for a little while after surgery and that it was nothing to worry about. :)

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

KennyBruin
on 7/11/14 7:49 am - MD

Hi Denise, I also discovered a bump under my ribcage. No pain, just a hard lump.  Like men will do, I worried about it for a few months before I finally broke down and raised it with my surgeon.  He felt the lump and told me that it was my xiphoid process - which is at the very end of the sternum.  He said that sometimes weight loss surgery seems to simulate growth of the xiphoid and it can turn under or grow to one side or the other.  As a result, some people will feel a hard lump right in the center of their chest just below the ribcage.  He assured me that it was nothing to worry about and offered to remove it if I wanted it to be gone.  It's still there, and I just try to ignore it.  Weird, isn't it?

MickeyDee
on 7/12/14 9:55 am

Yep, probably the good ol' Xypoid Process;  it's a lump of gristle where our ribcage comes together.  Just wait until you start seeing kneecaps, or hipbones, or even losing chins!!

Denise2200
on 7/12/14 3:02 pm

That is so funny!  That's exactly what my doctor told me when I went in to see him Friday afternoon...the Xyphoid Process.  It was a great relief to know I did not have a hernia or something worse!!  :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 329 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 329 views