Struggling with this liquid diet...soup fear?

Mona Mee
on 7/11/14 8:20 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

Ok. I could say I am on plan day 9 liquid diet going towards my RNY 7/17. Doing what I needed to. Lost 9.5 lbs so far as of today. Despite the nauseau I had. 

Until I just had a cup of Lipton Chicken noodle soup. The kind you mix from the packet into water. Tiny noodles. I ate the entire thing y'all. 8 oz of it. All I know is that I am going to strain it from now...

i tell you what...I have NO more nausea to the point of vomiting. It's tolerable. Got my water AND my protein shake in after drinking/eating that one little packet of "ok" tasting soup with no issues. 

I'm not justifying anything whatsoever. Just saying really. I HAVE to be accountable for what I do. 

I'm not going off plan anymore. I'm just glad I finally can do my protein shakes again without vomiting. 

Did i did I mess up royally? Do you think I should tell my doc about this? 

I think I'm doing pretty damn good considering. :-)

RNY 7/17/2014!! Decided to stop kidding myself about what I'm really doing with my life. Excited for getting back to me!!   

quiltpainter
on 7/12/14 1:19 pm - CT

I doubt you messed up at all. I had chicken and beef bullion during the liquid diet and it made it a bit more tolerable. Every surgeon is different some people don't even have to do the preoperative diet. Others do it for only three days. Good luck with your surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 220 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?