Multivitamin and Calcium

mamata2
on 7/12/14 10:28 am

I HATE MY MULTIVIT AND CALCIUM.  I can't even get down my calcium.  I take Opurity and I need ideas for alternatives.  

Thanks in advance.

poet_kelly
on 7/12/14 10:34 am - OH

Do you prefer a chewable multi?  If so, contact Celebrate, Bariatric Advantage and Building Blocks and ask for samples.  Otherwise, buy Centrum or a generic equivalent (which will be much cheaper).

For calcium citrate, if you want a chewable, you can get samples the same places as multivitamins.  Watch out for chewable calcium in stores because most of that is carbonate or phosphate, which we can't absorb.

If you don't want a chewable, get a generic calcium citrate anywhere that sells vitamins.  I usually get the Kroger brand when it's on sale buy one, get one free.

You might also like Upcal D, which is a powder you can mix in any drink.  It has no taste.  You gotta order it online but it's cheaper than most chewable calcium citrate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

leslie14
on 7/12/14 2:49 pm

I really like the Centrum Silver chewables, way better than opurity. And I LOVE the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews. I have tried chocolate and caramel and like both but prefer chocolate. 

Surgery 10/1/2013  

leslie14
on 7/12/14 2:50 pm

Oops, haven't tried opurity, it was celebrate I didn't care for much. 

Surgery 10/1/2013  

basilmk
on 7/12/14 9:16 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

I tried all the varied chewable calcium discs and hated them all. I found the 500mg caramels from Bariaticatvantage.com and my problem is solved.  For me, the pros far outweigh the cons...sugar alcohol and price.

Try Bariatricadvantage.com. I'm pretty sure that they offer samples.

Good luck with this...if you have to take this for the rest of your life, it is a VERY big deal.

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

Momma2nicknmike
on 7/12/14 11:37 pm, edited 7/12/14 11:37 pm - Beavercreek, OH

I second the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews.  They are so good and they're like a little treat!  They are kind of pricey though.  They have the chews in 250 and 500 mg.   I take the Centrum Silver Multivitamins.  

Lynne    

mamata2
on 7/13/14 1:18 am

Thank you all for responses!  I will look into samples and definitely check out the citrate chews.  I know I need to get my vits in but I wi**** were a bit more appetizing!

Thank you all again!

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/14 3:03 am
RNY on 12/16/13

About six weeks ago I switched from chewables to Walgreen's calcium citrate and multivitamins. While I loved both Bariatric Advantage and Celebrate chewables,  I am happier to have the cash I'm saving with store brand supplements for other purchases, such as new clothes.  I waited for a BOGO sale and bought the largest quantity. I don't have ny difficulty swallowing the vitamins.  I was worried about that in the beginning.

StephLE78
on 7/13/14 3:59 am

I hate the liquid calcium so I just switched to the Barimelts (www.barimelts.com) Calcium and I prefer them over the liquid, not sure if I can do chews yet as I'm only 9 weeks out.  Light berry flavour and easy to digest. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics