How???

Krisgwinn
on 7/13/14 11:53 am
RNY on 07/01/14 with

So, I'm just about 2 weeks post op and have been doing pretty well. Today, that changed. For whatever reason my sense of smell was more than usual and now I'm starving and can't stop thinking about the good my family was eating!  What is the best way to get through this????

Eno
on 7/13/14 12:15 pm - ocala, FL

Im in the same boat.. I dont know how to over come it i have been so hungry.. ;/

poet_kelly
on 7/13/14 12:18 pm - OH

I think you just have to keep in mind that this very restricted diet you're on now is only temporary.  Very soon you'll be able to eat a much greater variety of food.  For right now, I would try to find the yummiest thing you are able to have (like, you can strain your favorite soup to get some yummy broth instead of just eating plain canned broth or check out the yummy protein shake recipes on bariatricfoodie.com or the protein ice cream recipes on theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com) and remember this is only temporary.  Yeah, you'll need to make good choices for the rest of your life but you will be able to eat a lot of variety and plenty of good food in the future.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Krisgwinn
on 7/13/14 12:31 pm
RNY on 07/01/14 with

Thanks!!  I will definitely check out those sites!  I know it's temporary and I try telling myself that, but I live in an apartment complex where people are constantly grilling!!!  

poet_kelly
on 7/13/14 12:43 pm - OH

Well, I don't think there is a way to make that easy.  But look, if you can get through this, you'll be able to get through other hard things in the future.  Sometimes it helps a little just to accept that right now it is hard and it sucks and you feel sad or you feel angry or whatever about it - and you don't have to do anything to make those feelings go away.  It won't feel like that forever, it won't be this hard forever, you can just live through it.  And you'll survive it.  And then you'll know you can do really hard things.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Krisgwinn
on 7/13/14 9:36 pm
RNY on 07/01/14 with

Perfectly said!  Thank you!

burghblonde
on 7/13/14 9:30 pm
RNY on 05/12/14

I went through this at about the same point post-op. It seemed like every time I turned on the TV (mind you I don'****ch very much tv to begin with) there was a Hellman's with olive oil commercial on where they were eating these grilled chicken sandwiches at a firehouse that looked like they were to die for!! UGH! It drove me nuts!! lol

I actually started surfing on Pinterest and looking at bariatric friendly recipes to make or other recipes that could be tweaked. I got so excited about all of the things I could take and make "my own" that it didn't bother me anymore. ;)  Still have lots of my pins to try out and my family is loving the stuff we have experimented with so far. Win, win! :)

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 195 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?