What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Louise1974
on 7/11/14 11:17 pm

I can't believe I am the first one up!!  Everyone is sleeping in today :) 

Here is my plan:

S:  tea with milk

B:  in the car with the kids, I am going to bring my yummy noodle-less lasagna

L:  with my dad and step-mom (lord help) turkey and roast beef slices and veggies

S:  almonds and an apple

D:  whatever my step-mom makes, it is always really healthy so no trouble there, the trouble is she drives me crazy and I end up still eating too much.  So, I will eat a reasonable portion and LEAVE the house after dinner and get a sugar free ice cream.  That is good on multiple levels!

Exercise:  hike with my husband, short (a few hours) because he is recovering from an injury and another walk after dinner if my step-mom is getting on my nerves

Goal:  NO diet coke

karenp8
on 7/12/14 12:12 am - Brighton, IL

It sounds like you have amazing strategies planned to deal with today Louise! I tend to exercise too when I get stressed because what I really want to do is eat and I won't go there! Lots of the regulars like Anny and Em tend to not post on the weekend but I like to anyway. I really feel like this post helps me to be accountable and to plan as well. I am not be nature a planner or organized person so anything I can do to improve that is great! I am 22 and 1/2 months post op today and my weight is 122. I have stayed between 120 and 123 for the last year. I have already walked 3.47 miles with Lily at the park this morning. Almost skipped it as it looks like it could rain at any moment but she gets so excited to go. We were able to finish without getting the least bit wet so that was great. I will ride my bike for 20 minutes later today too. I'm on track so far with vitamins and have24 ounces of fluids in so far. Eats for today:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L leftover Mexican casserole(chicken,tomatoes,salsa and cheese) S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz fish and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt. Have a great Saturday everyone!

mobailey68
on 7/12/14 12:40 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Karen,

Your Mexican casserole sounds so yummy. I'm going to have to give that a try. Mexican is my favorite, I am sure is has contributed along with pizza to my obesity. 

Great job on the morning walk. I like doing it before 7am that way I don't have to think about fitting it in my day,

Mo

HW:332 (12/17/13) SW:282 (2/24/14) GW:132 CW:164 (12/19/14) TWL:168

AnnyBananny
on 7/12/14 7:52 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Karen, your consistency and dedication is really inspiring to me! Seeing how you keep on track really makes me feel like it's possible - I love reading what you and Lily are up to - thank you for always sharing!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mobailey68
on 7/12/14 12:35 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Louise, I'm so glad you started the thread this morning. Thank you! Good luck with your step-mom.

Well... BodyPump was yesterday. I managed to make it through although I just used the bar without weights. I had to leave my car parked at the Y afterwards because my legs weren't functioning well. Thank goodness my job is just 2 blocks away. My friend walked me there, my poor thighs didn't want to work too well. This morning I did my 4 1/2 miles around the lake with my legs talking to me the entire time. I think I am a masochist because I am planning on going back Wednesday.

I am done with exercise today. It is going to get back into the 90's today and that is blazing hot for the Northwest.

Here is my food plan for Saturday....

B: 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup raspberries and Splenda, 1/2 scoop of Isopure mixed with Crystal Light

S: Cheese stick, 1/2 scoop Isopure mixed with Crystal Light

L: 2oz tereyaki chicken (without sauce), 2os steamed cabbage, I will also have 2 sugar-free Popsicles 1 hour after.

S: Cheese stick, 1 oz steak strips jerky

D: 2oz tereyaki chicken (without sauce), 2os steamed cabbage, I will also have 2 sugar-free Popsicles 1 hour after.

TOTALS: Calories 652, Protein 78, Carbs 71, Fat 17

Water: 48 down so far, will have minimum of 96

Vitamins: on track

Exercise: 91 minutes of walking: 4 1/2 miles.

Enjoy your weekend. Mine starts tomorrow but I have an easy job so basically everyday is great!

Mo

AnnyBananny
on 7/12/14 7:53 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Congratulations on surviving BodyPump AND planning to return! You didn't "just" use the bar, you USED THE BAR, which is more than you were doing before, right? GO YOU!

karenp8
on 7/12/14 3:14 am - Brighton, IL

Great job on your exercise Mo! Where do you live in the Northwest? That has got to be the prettiest part of the United States. I'm hoping one of my sons will move there so I can visit often!

mobailey68
on 7/12/14 7:52 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Hi Karen,

I live in Olympia Washington. I love it here. I am a Washington girl from birth but Olympia is my favorite so far. I have been here for the last 8 years and I love it. Olympia is not only the capitol but a totally quirky city (very small). The people here are awesome, lots of fun. Definitely worth a visit. Summers are usually beautiful but the past week and then next are scorching for us Washingtonians. Thank goodness I am not carrying around the 124lbs I have lost so far otherwise I would be miserable.

Enjoy your weekend!

Mo

Dcgirl
on 7/12/14 7:27 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi everyone!  I love to log on and see this post :)  I just got home for the first time today and I recorded my dinner (that I am about to eat, early bird special time because all I have had is breakfast!).

I went out with friends last night in Baltimore and wore a super cute jumpsuit from NY&Co.  It was kind of a risk because it's like a crazy pattern adult onesie, but I feel like I can actually take fashion risks now.  Anyway, everyone loved it.  My ass was not so super cute but oh well!

Time Since Surgery: Almost 7 months

B: A few raspberries, an iced Dunkin Donuts coffee with cream and splenda; egg beaters with shallots, goat cheese, bacon, artichoke (YUMMMM! - made in muffin tins)

L: Half of a Fit protein bar on way to gym

D: Half of a flat out Light Italian wrap with pesto and italian cheese and turkey pepperoni

S: Something later tonight ???  Not sure what!

E: 90 minutes on the treadmill.  Today is my sixth day this week at the gym and my body needs a break from lifting.  I have done a BodyPump class once and it is killer!  I am impressed you did it!!!

My totals are terrible today.  650 calories, 37 g protein, 33 g carbs and 41 g fat!  Looks like tonight's snack will be a protein shake so I can get 60 g of protein in.  This is why MyFitnessPal helps me so much!!!!

I am off to the Delaware beaches for a few days but will try to log on and post.  Have a great rest of the weekend, everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 7/12/14 7:56 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Em - I'm so glad you rocked the jump suit! Those little quiches sound A-MA-ZING! Did you friend make them? Damn I love when friends step up and do the WLS friendly thing - and even a non-WLS person would love those. Jealous?!

Now it's time for a possibly silly question - when you got your DD coffee did they put the stuff in it for you or did you? Can you get cream on the side so you can control how much goes in? I always end up going to Starbucks for iced coffee because I didn't know how DD worked when you won't want to just dupm a ton of cream and sugar in like I did in the past. LOL - I know, I'm ridiculous.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 272 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views