11 Month Surgiversary

tdbull
on 7/13/14 2:07 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Today I am out 11 months, and every monthly surgiversary I weigh, measure, blog and post a picture. I'll do the blog and picture later. I have struggled this month with binging, and introducing all of my bad, trigger foods back into my diet. Not good!! The result today is a 4lb weight gain - I weigh 116lb, so now have a lot of work to do to get back on track and detox my body of these unhealthy foods. I journal daily, and every Sunday I set weekly goals to help me. This week, my goals are aggressive:
NO BINGES, Protein First, Eat at kitchen table only, Exercise daily, Drink at least 10c water daily, Take ALL Vitamins Daily, Write in Journal Daily, and Begin Meditating Daily.
I am hoping that between setting these goals and coming here for support, I can succeed in not only losing these lbs, but getting back on track. I have invested so much time, pain and money to get where I am, I don't want to go back to being unhealthy and obese. Right now, I am beating myself up pretty hard, and know that I need to treat myself better. Darn this head of mine - always trying to sabotage my efforts. I won't give up, though!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Caroline K.
on 7/13/14 2:11 am

Yay you! Good luck!

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

White Dove
on 7/13/14 2:18 am - Warren, OH

The one habit that has kept me at goal for all these years is weighing myself every morning.  It is so much easier to deal with one pound than four. 

You look so beautiful and have done so well.  You have some great plans going. 

Like an alcoholic, I get every morning and set goals to get me through the next 24 hours. 

If I fall off of the food wagon, I get up and start over the next day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

tdbull
on 7/13/14 3:41 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Hi White Dove - I used to be a scale addict, but I found that every ounce gain would make me crazy. I do want to weigh daily but afraid to go back to this insanity. How do you handle it? Thanks so much!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

karenp8
on 7/13/14 2:37 am - Brighton, IL

I think we are often so much harder on ourselves than anyone else would be. You know your issues and have a great plan in place. You know you can beat this thing one choice at a time. At least we start each day with a fresh slate! I too weigh daily because I want to know exactly where I stand so I can make adjustments in calories and exercise. Keep us posted on how you are doing and keep setting those goals. You have come so far!

tdbull
on 7/13/14 4:24 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Thank you Karenp8 - today is definitely a new day, a fresh start - will keep you posted and thanks for your support.

Ladytazz
on 7/13/14 3:48 am, edited 7/13/14 3:50 am

Can I make one little suggestion?  Well, maybe not little but your goal setting is great but it may be overwhelming.  I know for myself if I put too much on my plate then I put too much on my plate, if you know what I mean.

The way I look at it, this is a lifelong, permanent thing.  I don't have to do it all in one week and I don't have to be perfect.  I just pick one thing that I really want to work on and I concentrate on that.  

I can pick something else the next week or really anytime and just because I haven't made it a priority I can work on anything at any time, I just don't put too much on myself.  For instance, if the bingeing is your biggest issue right now that is what I would be focusing on.  The other things are great but the most important thing first.  That way you aren't setting yourself up for failure if you don't manage to do everything, every day, perfectly.

I just make it a goal to do better today then I did yesterday.  I take it real easy on myself and don't punish myself by taking on too much because I've been a "bad" girl.  I treat myself the way I hope I treat others.  If I treated others the way I've treated myself at times I wouldn't be a very nice person.

Another thought may be to take it one day at a time.  Think about how you did yesterday and the one thing you would like to do better today and focus on that.

The next day you can see how you did and decide if you want to focus on that one thing or move on to another.

I hope I am making sense.  I just want to see you succeed and I worry that you may be expecting too much too soon.  Slow down, there is no hurry.  There is no prize for doing it "perfectly".  Give yourself a break and be gentle on yourself.  Make sure you factor in some time for yourself, to do something nice for yourself, whether it's sitting down and reading or watching someone, just something that is relaxing and helps relieve some of the stress.

ETA Don't forget to celebrate your victories, too, instead of putting all your focus on what you don't feel you are doing right.  I find if I keep my mind on the positive then I think and feel more positive and when I focus on the negative and what I don't do right, then I feel more negative and discouraged.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

tdbull
on 7/13/14 4:23 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
WOW LadyTazz - I really needed your post. I do have a very perfectionistic expectation of myself. I am going to take your advice and work on the binging issue this week. I have to get this under control. I want to be like you when I 'grow up' - you sound like you have a great perspective, have managed well in maintenance, and can really relate to us newbies in maintenance. Thank You so much for you informative reply!!

Tanya S.
on 7/15/14 12:31 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Great advice Ladytazz!

karenp8
on 7/13/14 4:18 am - Brighton, IL

Great points Ladytazz!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views