Daily Debrief, how did it go today?

Louise1974
on 7/13/14 12:48 pm

Hello!!!  I couldn't log on over the weekend because I can't remember my password and to get OH on my phone I need it.  I despise having to remember passwords, DESPISE it.

I have not had a diet coke in DAYS!!!!!  How about that?  This is big news for me.  I was headed down that slippery slope and am really glad that I caught it early.  (diet coke is probably a fine beverage for many but for me it messes me up in a whole bunch of ways!)  Today's food was a little wonky, I struggled with all my usual stuff while visiting my folks.  But I didn't blow it and overall it wasn't so terrible.  I did eat a cookie, and I am celebrating that I ate the cookie and then said, "oh dear, that wasn't really worth it, oh well, remember that for next time"  instead of "oh dear, i ate a cookie, I will never be allowed to do that again so I better eat 59 cookies before my motivation kicks back in".  Excellent progress over here!

I had a great hike yesterday and it was incredibly steep.  I was just zipping right up, feeling it in my quads but enjoying the feeling when suddenly I noticed that EVERYONE I passed (even the thin fit looking people) was DYING and SUFFERING and CLEARLY MISERABLE and I was just zipping along.  And I realized, holy crap, I am like really fit.  It is so easy for me to focus only on how my body has changed a little since gaining a few pounds and how I don't have the same shape I did last summer and how my favorite shorts are tight, but here I am, still fit as fit could be zipping up a trail that gained 1500 ft of elevation in under a mile.  I think my big goal for the week will be to purposefully acknowledge the whole picture, not just the five-ish pounds I would like to lose but also the ease with which I move now and how incredible it is to be able to effortlessly climb a mountain. 

How about you?  How was the weekend?

poet_kelly
on 7/13/14 1:09 pm - OH

Do you think some of the five pounds you have regained might be muscle?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Louise1974
on 7/13/14 10:39 pm

Sadly, no.  At least, I don't think so, clothes are tighter and I feel flabbier.  I am struggling with whether I should just be okay with it or try to get back to where I was. 

karenp8
on 7/13/14 11:46 pm - Brighton, IL

Way to stay away from the Diet Coke! DietnPepsi was my poison of choice before my surgery. I drank at leastb4 cans a day. I quit cold turkey 2 months before surgery and haven't had one for 2 years. It was miserable at first but now I don't even miss them. Sounds like you had a great walk too. I love the times when I feel strong and fit,probably because I was obese my whole life. Now I love to exercise and I' filled with gratitude everyday when I do my morning walk. I love my rny!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views