What's on the menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 7/15/14 9:55 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all! It looks like the heat might have finally broken a bit here in the Mid-Atlantic and it isn't as dreadful outside. 

I tried a new crockpot recipe over night, Cheese Steak and Peppers, and it smells delicious. It's on my menu for tonight, so I'll give the report tomorrow! Don't think I'm actually going to put the cheese on it though so it's more like Steak and Peppers!

Speaking of trying new things - I have some ground turkey in my fridge I need to do something with. Any suggestions? I'm considering this Sloppy Joe recipe, but would love other suggestions.

Time since surgery: 18 weeks

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: Chike high protein iced coffee

L: Quest bar (on the go once again)

S: 10 almonds and a cheese stick

D: Crockpot Steak and Peppers

S: strawberry "ice cream"

TOTALS: Calories 836, Protein 88, Carbs 61 (eeek, a little high), Fat 31

W: started

V: about to pop in my morning multis

E: walked just under 2 miles at the track this morning, might make it to the Y, but I doubt it :-(

Shark Week is upon me and the scale is not moving, making me extra grumpy. Think I need some 80s pop music while I get ready for the day to put me in a better mood!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/14 10:13 pm

Good Morning. That cheese steak recipe sounds really good. I may have to make that this weekend. It has cooled of a bit here this morning.Still humid but it's summer time. I just got done ordering my groceries online.It comes right to my front door. I feel guilty for doing it but it makes my life so much easier. Our store in town is so expensive considering it is a vacation spot.

I don't get hungry when I shop online also. I am going to try a new yogurt called Sophie. I am hoping it is good

B:Coffee with skim milk after that eggs with turkey sausage

L:Yogurt with some fruit and some granola

D:TBD

S:yogurt before bed

Vitamins are in and I am putting on my shoes to go use the elliptical .

Enjoy the day

AnnyBananny
on 7/15/14 11:40 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

My sister LOVES to get her groceries delivered! She has two little ones, so it makes sense she doesn't want to drag them to the store - but she also says she spends less since she doesn't impulse buy. I say whatever works for you, don't feel guilty!

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/14 11:54 pm

I do spend less and I get a ton of stuff. Our Acme is so over priced.They do it because they know people will pay it.So i justify it that way. Plus the one website has bison meat and other unique items. I do like to grocery shop but I do impulse buy.

I make a list of meals and what I will  need and go from there. Enjoy the day.

dlang057
on 7/15/14 10:27 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Good morning everyone. The scale isn't moving here either but feel "smaller" so I may be regaining muscle or I'll wake up one morning and loose 8lbs just like that!  It's happened before LOL. 

Sloppy Joes are good, they are on menu tonight.  I also like to make taco spiced ground turkey w/black beans and stir in some chunky salso for more texture & flavor.  I usually top it with some cheese and a dollop of plain greek yogurt.

Time since surgery: 17 weeks

B – Chipotle black bean burger

S – 1 cup mixed frozen fruit

L – Turkey/Ricotta meatballs w/sauce and cheese

S – Premier Protein Chocolate shake

D – Ground turkey sloppy joe’s w/5 tortilla chips

E – Walk for 60 min this evening after work if the weather holds

Totals – 845 calories, 81g protein, 30g fat & 72g carbs

AnnyBananny
on 7/15/14 11:40 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Do you make your own Sloppy Joe sauce or do you buy it? My family wasn't big on sloppy joe's growing up, but it does sound appealing to me now. 

dlang057
on 7/16/14 12:38 am
RNY on 03/25/14

I make my own but have also bought it.   When I make it I just do it to taste with low sugar ketchup, BBQ sauce & mustard, a mixture of chopped colored peppers & onion, then chili powder to take the sweet edge off.   If I recall the stauff in the can wasn't too bad from a calorie & sugar standpoint considering you are probably only having a few tablespoons at a  serving.

gtrdyfor50
on 7/15/14 10:27 pm
RNY on 10/08/13

Still keeping up on breaking this "stuck" period, it is working so I am not rocking the boat too much by changing it.

b - Premier Protein choc
s - loaded greek yogurt
l - deli has greek chicken wrap on special today, will eat the insides of the wrap
s - loaded greek yogurt
d - not sure yet
s - popcorn

W - just starting, usually meet my goal
V - first round done

karenp8
on 7/15/14 10:29 pm - Brighton, IL

Beautiful day here in Illinois too! Lily and I did our 3.46 miles already and I am getting ready now to do my 20 minutes of strength training. First vitamins in and 20 ounces of fluids in too. Post op 22.75 months and weight at 120.8 today. Here's the food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats and half a banana with peanut butter S whole grain crackers with peanut butter L 1/2 c chicken salad and 1/2 c Greek yogurt D chili and cheese S Greek yogurt with nuts. Changed my lunch and snack around because I have a 11 o'clock doctor appointment in St Louis,so I'll eat a snack when done and then eat lunch about 1:30 or so. Have a great day everyone!

Dcgirl
on 7/15/14 10:55 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi everyone! So great to "read" you all this morning! I read yesterday's awesome post but wasn't able to comment. I love how dedicated and active you all are. Your stalls will end with the great menu choices you're making!

Anny, I love making Mexican meatloaf. You can make then in little muffin tins. I add one egg, taco seasoning, a can of green chilies and some Mexican shredded cheese. Yum! Also sometimes I sauté the whole package and then divvy it out and make some Mexican and some Italian :)

Soooo today is my 7 month surgiversary. Being back from a 3 day beach holiday I wasnt sure what the scale would say. I've been doing 2 hour workouts since I am off wor****il Monday but at the beach I was pretty lazy and ate a ton of lean protein but all covered in Old Bay. Sodium!!! And so delicious lol. But the scale was down. Knock on wood my weight loss has been a pretty good stair step without huge stalls. But it has slowed!!! 

Stats so far:

Surgery Weight: 351

Today's Weight: 211.6!!!!!

My BMI went from 60 to 36.2. People keep commenting how good I look and I just say thanks and tell then I feel so STRONG. Which is true! 

Thanks to all of you guys for your support and love on OH!

Time Since Surgery: 7 months today!

B: Chike protein coffee (addicted!)

L: I'm being a lady who lunches today with a friend so TBD

D: Ditto on dinner. I'm getting more comfortable with being unplanned as time goes on. I know how to make good decisions now. Hope it lasts!!!

E: personal training in half an hour plus an hour on the treadmill. Plan to have 4 miles done before lunch. How I love my FitBit for tracking!

Have a great day y'all. Em

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views