Looking for new breakfast ideas

Gail S.
on 7/16/14 3:28 am - New York, NY

What do you usually eat for breakfast? 

I get in what I call food ruts. I'll eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch for weeks & possible months then I'm sick of it and need something new. My breakfasts have recently included: protein bars, oatmeal, breakfast quinoa and egg bakes. I'm not a big fan of protein shakes bc I just don't feel full with a shake. I'm looking for quick, easy breakfasts ideas. 

new_me180
on 7/16/14 4:06 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I'm worse than you lol. I eat an egg and half a slice of cheese every morning. Sometimes i'll eat some cereal. Unfortunately, i'm no help.

jenorama
on 7/16/14 4:49 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Eggface has a ton of ideas on her blog.  I've done her egg bites and ricotta pancakes.  I like those because they can be made ahead and reheated for quick breakfasts.  :D

Jen

Caroline K.
on 7/16/14 4:56 am

I second the recommendation for Eggface's blog. Her protein oatmeal bars are pretty decent, as are her egg bites. What about some low fat Greek yogurt and some berries?

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

poet_kelly
on 7/16/14 4:59 am - OH

Most often I have a protein shake but sometimes I have a protein bar or Greek yogurt.  Lately I've been enjoying Greek yogurt with chia seeds and some sliced almonds.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnnyBananny
on 7/16/14 5:30 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Lately I'm obsessed with what I refer to as "Loaded Greek Yogurt." I start with 0% plain greek yogurt, sweeten it with a packet of Splenda, then I add chia seeds, chopped nuts, and some Fiber One Original cereal. I've found it keeps me satisfied for a loooong time and I like the crunch, tang, sweet of it all together!

Also, I highly recommend the What's on Your Menu? post on this forum (full disclosure, I start the post these days) to get ideas - it's chalk full of 'em.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Eggface
on 7/16/14 6:12 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Hope these give you a few new ideas.

A few of my favs: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2013/07/7-pro tein-packed-grab-and-go-breakfast.html

and http://www.pinterest.com/eggface/weight-loss-surgery-breakfa sts/

P.S. Thank you for the shoutout to my friends above.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Karen R.
on 7/16/14 8:52 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

I utterly adore my autumn scones.  I keep some in my freezer at all times.  They fulfill my need for breakfast pastries (whereas I used to crave cinnabons!) with my skinny latte, and yet are pretty manageable when it comes to things like calories and carbs.

I've captured the recipe on Keep Recipe as I first found it on Spark People, but I make changes when I bake.  For one, I now make 12 scones instead of 14.  They fit on a single cookie sheet more easily and the calorie count goes from 131/scone to 153/scone, which isn't all that bad.  I also like to throw the oats in a blender and grind them to a flour consistency before adding them to the mix.  I bought some milled oats once that came that way, and I liked what they did to the texture of the scone.  And finally, I add quite a bit more in the way of spices.  I tend to double the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.  I also tend to toss in additional cloves and nutmeg.  See what tastes right to you.

My one last piece of advice is don't overcook them.  These can get a little dry if you scrimp on the wet ingredients or keep them in the oven too long.  They may be a little moist when you take them out, but they will set.

I have other breakfast bread recipes on my Keep Recipe file; some are very good.  But this is probably my fav because it balances taste with restraint when it comes to nutrition or lack thereof.  Enjoy!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

chulbert
on 7/16/14 11:22 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I know it sounds radical but...  eat anything you want for breakfast!  Don't limit yourself to "breakfast foods."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics