Positive pregnancy test

emmalyn
on 7/14/14 5:53 am

I am 11 months out and down 160lbs. This morning I got a positive home pregnancy test result. My mind is all over the place. I am worried that its too soon, I am worried for my baby, most of all im worried that this just isnt real and that second line is going to disappear. I have an appointment with my OB thursday, I am so nervous. I am also scared my surgeon is going to be upset with me :(

Karen518
on 7/14/14 6:24 am

Congrats on the pregnancy. It would be silly for the doctor to be angry.  It's kind of a done deal now.  You will likely to be treated as a high risk, but it can be done.  Be happy (I hope you're happy), and take it a day at a time.  Keep us posted.

snansen
on 7/14/14 6:28 am - Renton, WA

Congratulations!  You have made such great progress on losing weight and becoming healthy and now you will continue that with your baby!  Focus on the wonderful fact that you are pregnant! What a blessing!

HW 284; SW 257; GW 135

¿Qué sería de mí si no fuera por tu gracia y tu amor?

Jules0225
on 7/14/14 6:57 am

First off congratulations on both your pregnancy and losing 160lbs! 

My fiance and I are in the process of doing the family planning thing and are going to start trying soon. That being said I've spoken at length with both the bariatric surgeon's PA and my obgyn about this. The PA said that when the time comes that she will monitor my labs monthly and adjust my vitamins accordingly (I'm 19 months out btw). She also told me that if you're still in that "dropping pounds really fast phase" it can be dangerous for the baby but as long as you and your doctors are diligent about things you can still have a healthy pregnancy. Not sure how much or how fast you're still losing but just address it with your doctors. Just make sure your surgeons office is good about sharing info with your ob and vise versa. Don't be afraid to talk with your surgeon. It happens. This should be a happy time! 

Two other words of advice (one may not be pertinent but I know it was for me) the first is babies will suck the calcium from you like crazy not just your bones but your teeth so make sure to see if your doc would want you to increase your calcium. The other is (and this may not be pertinent) don't be afraid to talk with a therapist or counselor about stuff. When we first broached the topic of pregnancy I struggled with beating myself up over thinking about what is going to happen to my body. Talking with people on here, my doc, and a therapist helped a lot. I was ashamed for thinking like that but it really isn't anything to be ashamed of. 

Good luck to you! 

Height: 5'8", HW: 6/4/12 440lbs, SW: 11/19/12 389lbs, CW: 219lbs 01/01/2014

Ladytazz
on 7/14/14 11:37 am

Don't forget to check out the Pregnancy Forum here.  Lot's of support.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/14/14 1:50 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Congratulations!!  Don't waste anytime worrying.  Be happy -- you just won life's lottery!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 273 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views