No more scale phobia!

karenp8
on 7/16/14 5:57 am - Brighton, IL

I love going to the rheumatologist now because I am no longer afraid to step on the scale and I don't worry about getting a lecture on my weight. Now every time I see me he tells me how amazed he is at my weight loss of 140 pounds. I was the first person ever to ask him for a referral for weight loss surgery. He was skeptical but gave me the referral. Since then he has suggested WLS to other patients and has had 5 other patients have either the sleeve or gastric bypass. Now he asks questions every time and is beginning to have a better understanding of the procedure and life after surgery. He pointed out today that I have been near the same weight for nearly a year now. That never happened before! For those who are just starting your journey I just wanted you to know--this surgery does work if you let it!

Caroline K.
on 7/16/14 10:22 am

Congratulations! So nice not to hear the lecture anymore, or have every ailment attributed to weight, isn't it?

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

gtrdyfor50
on 7/16/14 10:47 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Awww that is really cool.

Spots- N-Dots
on 7/16/14 10:42 pm

karenp8 -

I think it's wonderful your blazing the way for future weight loss surgery patients ! To be the first WLS referral from him (and he was skeptical) and now to use your success to help educate.  

I know you've been working hard and to be down 140 pounds and the same weight for a year now - Great Job !

Debbie

" Never let your dreams rust "   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 283 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?