Thank you all from a Newbie......

Judi2
on 7/18/14 1:41 am
RNY on 12/08/14

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have gone before us and are sharing your experiences with us newbies. Your patience with our crazy and sometimes scary questions is greatly appreciated. I for one do not like surgery and the post op scares me but reading all of your replies is truly enlightening and educational. It releases our fears and gives us hope for the future.

Thanks again!

Kelly232
on 7/18/14 4:11 am

Hi Judy2. I'm Kelly232. This is my first time on this site. I see your a "newbie" too. I've been taking the steps to get into surgery by September. I'd like to chat with you. I just had an uncomfortable experience with my nutrition counselor. I felt rushed in & out the door. When I got home to read her diet instructions, I said to myself- if I could stick to this diet I wouldn't need surgery. How's it going for you?

Judi2
on 7/18/14 5:02 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Hi Kelly,

I met with my surgeon which I really like and had my first "diet documentation" appointment on Tuesday. I should be set to have my surgery end of October but I will wait until end of December. I get 2 weeks off of work for the Christmas season so it'll work out just fine. I'm still just a little nervous about this surgery because I know a few people who had the sleeve and they've done really great. The more I keep reading and speaking to others I'm seeing that the RNY is the best for me.

Have you had a target date set?

Judi

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/18/14 4:28 am - Baltimore, MD

Well I've been absent so I can't take any credit for any of the wonderful stuff you just said BUT I just wanted to say that I wish you an uneventful surgery and comfortable recovery. 

It's not an easy road, this, but I think it's worth the struggle (most days).

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Judi2
on 7/18/14 5:06 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Hi Nik!

Thanks for your reply, although you made me a little nervous about how it's "most days" worth it. Why do you say that? I'm just beginning so I'm curious.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/18/14 6:28 am - Baltimore, MD

I mean are you glad of every generally good decision you made every single day of your life? My grandma/grandpa were married 40 years and most days it was a good marriage. I have two kids and most days I am glad I'm a mama. LOL. Nobody ever feels 100% happy with their decisions 100% of days. So long as most days I'm happy with my surgery, I figure I'm doing ok. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/18/14 2:20 pm - OH

Hi, Judi.  I am almost 7 years out.  It takes a lot of sugar to make me dump, but it does happen and it is a miserable experience, and too much fat gives me intestinal cramping and diarrhea.  

The thing that came to mind for me when I read Nik's comment was that I still have occasional days when I would really like to be able to completely splurge and have more than just two or three small bites of dessert at a nice restaurant or of a piece of cake at a wedding, or when I would like to be able to order a bacon cheeseburger and onion rings (onion rings are the only food that makes me sick (although the are some others that don't digest well)).

On those days, it would be nice to have the OPTION of choosing to ingest the fat and calories without having to pay the physical penalty imposed by the RNY.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 221 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics