6 more days!

KristenRB82
on 7/17/14 3:16 pm

The big day is fast approaching. July 24th cannot come soon enough. I met with my surgeon and anesthesiologist yesterday. Everything looks great :) 

I think I'm even passed the nervous stage. But of course we will see how if feel come the night of the 23rd lol I start my liquid diet on Monday.

Ullamba-D
on 7/17/14 8:58 pm

I'm also confuse like u. Did u ever try a drug called dinitrophenol dnp which body builders use to lose fat. It's mechanism of action is that it increases metabolism by 50 per or more for eg u resting metabolic rate is 1500 calories , the half of 1500 is 750, so u will burn these 750 calories by just sitting and all from fat. So u can expect to lose 1 1b of fat per day. In these surgeries like gastric bypass u lose most muscle and little bit, fat unless u have a surgery which have very short common channel u can  not lose that much fat on proximal gastric bypass.DNP or dinitrophenol was a very popular drug in 1930s but it was banned because it caused cataracts among some people about 0.1 per of population. I was also confuse between surgery and dinitrophenol. Search on the internet there were studies done on 3 obese people with dnp dosages of 250 to 125 mg all of them lost 100 of pounds in 10 months with dnp, it is a powerful drug but when use incorrectly it can be lethal. Because it has a very small thereputic index. I also wanted to ask u if u have choosed distal bypass u can have bathroom issues which would interrupt on ur life. Search dnp do u want to lose muscle or fat there is a big difference between weight loss and fat loss. 

kheinz
on 7/17/14 11:01 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with

My surgery is the same day!  I wi**** were today!

KristenRB82
on 7/18/14 7:59 am

Awesome! And yeah, I know exactly how you feel.

Judi2
on 7/18/14 12:00 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Congratulations! My surgery won't be until the end of the year so I'm eager to hear how it went for you. I was initially supposed to have the sleeve but because of my reflux he thinks it's best to the RNY. I was nervous/scared about this but I'm starting to feel better because I've spoken to a few people and some at my surgeons who have just had it and they are doing great! I wish you the best!

KristenRB82
on 7/18/14 8:01 am

Good to hear that you're feeling better about the decision to move forward with the RNY. It'll be here before ya know it :) keep us posted!

karenp8
on 7/18/14 1:31 am - Brighton, IL

No reason to be scared Judi. Most people do great if they follow their doctors rules. I am about 23 months out and down 140 pounds with no issues. I have my life back better than ever before. You will do just fine!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 285 views