High Protein Foods

Rebecca S.
on 7/23/14 1:06 am
RNY on 05/23/14

(RNY 5/23/2014)

I have absolutely no appetite lately. I have an app set on my phone to remind me to eat at this point. Can you name some foods that are high in protein that would help me get at least my 75 grams of protein minimum a day? I am really struggling and protein drinks make me gag at this point.

Thank you!

Info Session Aug 15, 2013-Surgery Date May 23, 2014 (281 day process) for my Roux-en-Y gastric bypass experience

poet_kelly
on 7/23/14 1:12 am - OH

Meat, seafood, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Shirleyann_43
on 7/23/14 2:52 am

They make me sick also but I tried the EAS from wal-mart today and it went down without any problems.

AnnyBananny
on 7/23/14 4:05 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Are you like 6 weeks out?

Have you tried Nectar Lemon Tea protein powder? It's one many people seem to like. I'll also give a shout out to Chike high protein coffee, another one that seems to be liked by many.

As for other high protein foods - Eggbeaters or eggs (I liked egg salad a lot early on as well as little omelets with cheese), cottage cheese, greek yogurt, string cheese, maybe deli meat (I still can't handle deli meat at 4 months out, but a lot of people are fine with it), munched up chicken (I cook boneless, skinless chicken breast and then put it in the food processor and pulse a few times).

What does your plan call for at this time? Always go back to your plan!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

selhard
on 7/23/14 4:46 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Good ideas can be found at:  www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Dartmouth
on 7/23/14 4:58 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

If you don't have a problem with milk products, you can add skim milk powder to lots of things....I will often end the day if I need to boost my calories and protein with a low cal hot chocolate made with 2 tbls of skim milk powder and 200 mls of skim milk...very comforting.

i also add skim milk powder to sugar free pudding and yogurt....

i too cannot stand protein drinks or powder and really struggle with getting 60 grams of protein in....sometimes I add egg whites to things....

TomN
on 7/23/14 7:58 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with

Quest bars...190 calories, 20 grams of protein and only two or three grams of sugar.  Lots of flavors and they taste great!  GNC has them to try flavors and I order them direct from Quest once I decided which flavors I liked best.  I still use them pre workout...my doc did not want me drinking protein shakes beyond a couple weeks post op.  Good luck and stay the course once you find what works for you.

rvtisme
on 7/24/14 11:32 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Have you tried your protein drinks at different temperatures? I don't like them cold, but they go down real easy at room temp. Shrimp is good protein, and great tasting. I eat beef jerky for snacks, 1.25 ounces is 14 grams, 16 oz of coffee with non fat milk and sugar free syrup helps bring up my protein count. 12 g. Kirkland turkey patty is 35 grams, I eat that with sandwich thins. Early out I couldn't tolerate them, but now, no problem and they are extremely filling.

good luck to you

renee 

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Rebecca S.
on 7/24/14 10:06 pm
RNY on 05/23/14

Thank you everyone. At 63 days out, I am definitely following my manual from the surgical weight loss center. Quest Bars sound like they would do the trick. That one isn't in the book. I like that suggestion. I keep saying I am going to make egg salad but then I never get around to it. That is something I love.

It is the powdered protein drinks that make me run away. Maybe if I get a few premixed ones that may help. I definitely need to add some meat in. I am very tired of Greek Yogurt already.

Well, thank you for all the suggestions. You all gave me some really good ideas.

Have a great weekend!

Info Session Aug 15, 2013-Surgery Date May 23, 2014 (281 day process) for my Roux-en-Y gastric bypass experience

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 368 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics