Motivation, tdbull, this is totally for you!

Louise1974
on 7/23/14 11:10 am

I have been thinking about Ms. bull's post earlier about how hard it is to have food in the house that is a trigger for you.  I am cleaning my pantry and just came upon the basket of food that I save for hiking.  It is pretty good healthy food but higher in carbs that I eat on a non-hiking day, lots of bars and trail mix and nuts...  When I am sad or anxious or just bored I often find myself heading to this basket, which is bad on many reasons, way too many calories and carbs for a normal day AND I end up eating food that was carefully purchased and set aside for hiking!  so I just wrote myself a letter and laid it on top of the basket.  here is what it says,

Dear Louise,

I know you really want to eat this stuff.  life is hard.  I know.  But is this part of your plan?  Is this even what you really really want to eat?  What are you really needing right now?  Can you get that instead?  Go talk to your peeps first.  Sincerely, your wiser self

For those of you with loved ones who have foods in the house that you avoid, maybe you could ask if they would be willing to tuck it all in a basket or special shelf or whatever and leave yourself a letter.  I'd love to see your letters, I get great ideas from you all!

I am off to finish cleaning the heck out of my pantry and leaving this note to myself!

Kenyatta W.
on 7/23/14 11:14 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Great idea Louise!!! Thanks for sharing!!! 

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

tdbull
on 7/23/14 11:51 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
What a great idea, Louise. We left for camping today, and believe it or not, I am actually on plan and feeling really good. But night is approaching-it's the hardest part for me. So I saved some calories to enjoy a Quest bar to both curb my craving to chew and for a sweet. Tastes so good. Now I will wait my 30-60 minutes and drink ho****er and take my PM vitamins before bed. One day at a time.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Louise1974
on 7/23/14 11:57 am

Awesome!  you go girl!!  One day at a time is right.  My pantry is getting seriously clean!  have fun out there, watch out for bears!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 273 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics