Weird Question

kbb0185
on 7/23/14 11:21 am
RNY on 07/15/14

In the spot where they removed my gallbladder, the upper left largest incision, there is a hole in my stomach.  It is healing fine, but the stomach is significantly indented in that spot.  

My surgeon did say my gallbladder was huge and a solid gallstone, they had too cut through the muscle to get it out.

Just wondering if this is common and if it goes away?

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/23/14 12:17 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I didn't have my GB out, so I can't speak to that specifically -- but a couple of my incisions were seriously indented after surgery.  I was very concerned, but my surgeon assured me it was normal. Here I'm 6 months out and the indented areas are all gone.  Hope this pits you at ease.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Reinette
on 7/23/14 1:59 pm - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14

A year ago I had my gallbladder out and several more operations within 2 weeks.  From experience the dimple does go away once everything heals and settles out.  That incision, per my doctor, takes a beating because they put the liver retractor thingamabob (technical term) in there.  My surgeon put "deep stitches" in that spot each surgery.  

Basically a lot of crap happened in that spot and it just takes a while for it to go back to normal.

HW: 333; Weight at 1st visit: 318.6; SW: 304.4; CW: 218.4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?