Almost 4 weeks out - still stalled, and living on chili.

SC80075
on 7/25/14 12:24 am

Hi guys,

I have been stalled since about 2 weeks out -- I went from 273 to 261 after surgery -- and then stopped.  A few days ago I started dropping slowly from 261 to 256, and now it's stopped again.  I have been trying different foods, but the thing that feels best when I eat it is chili.  I've had chili from Wendy's, I've had chili from Red Robin and I've had chili from Friendly's.  I don't want to make my own because I make a massive pot with 5 different kinds of beans, and right now I am the only one in the house -- my kids are in TN with their dad.  I would hate to waste it, and I don't have enough storage containers to save as much as it makes in the freezer.

Anyone else have a particular favorite they ate at 4 weeks out?  I'm craving salad like crazy, but I'm not sure I can handle that yet - did anyone else eat salad (with some ranch dressing) at 4 weeks out?  I am also desperately wanting a chicken leg -- but I did try chicken and it didn't like me - so I'm afraid to try again. 

Would love to hear your suggestions.  I'm eating right at about 1/4 cup per meal but I'm on the verge of when I can start increasing slightly -- I think to 1/2 cup -- in the next week or two (I'm pretty sure my guide said at 6 weeks to start eating a little more).

Thanks!

stacie

Eno
on 7/25/14 1:19 am - ocala, FL

Im 4 week out as of tuesday. 

I lost only 17lb and stoped i cant get protein in or even fluids. I cant even get 1/2 cup of food in i take two bites of cheese and full uncomfortable full.

Wyldrose
on 7/29/14 1:25 pm - Petaluma, CA

I have the same problem and my doctor keeps telling me the pain is normal. Has your doctor said the same?

Krisgwinn
on 7/25/14 1:55 am
RNY on 07/01/14 with

I'm just about 4 weeks out as well and am not able to eat any of what either of you have mentioned!  I have also been at a stall since about midway through week 2. I'm hoping once I get cleared to work out more that changes!  I'm jealous of the chili...I still have 4 more weeks till I can have any meat/chicken, etc.

NinaCanDOit
on 7/25/14 1:56 am
RNY on 06/27/14

I'm at 4 weeks today and I've stalled a bit this week with only 2 pounds lost, but whatev.  I've been moving around, eating to plan and getting my water in so I figure its just a period thing and I'll be fine next week.

Food wise I've been making all of my own stuff.  I've been really lucky that I've been ok with everything I'm eating and I haven't had any issues, but I also don't pu****  I've been sticking to proteins, eggs, turkey, chicken, crab, tuna, lobster, beef and cheese, all kinds of cheese.  I made a homemade chili that was fantastic with ground turkey, kidney and pinto beans and I ate it with a bit of greek yogurt - yum. I'm totally inspired by Eggface - she has some great starter recipes and wonderful ideas.

The thing is that I tend to cook in 3-4 person portions, so I have been freezing everything.  When other people are interested in what I made, we can all eat.  If not, no problem.  I have a lot of glass storage containers, but I also use a lot of ziplock freezer bags.  Considering that at this point I can only eat about 1/4 cup of anything (maybe), I know I'll have a lot to put away and that's fine.  On those days I can't make stuff, or I feel like chili again, I just get it out and its ready in a few minutes.

As for eating more - I'm just going with it.  When I'm ready to eat a few more bites I will.  Right now, not so much.

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

diane48
on 7/25/14 2:02 am
RNY on 05/07/13

Hi,

Some of us have a slow start.  It really doesn't indicate how the total weight loss will be.  It's a process.  Be patient with yourself.  There are going to be a lot of stalls along the way.  Just keep with your plan. 

You might want to check out The world according to eggface website.  They have a lot of recipes for each stage.  They have some ricotta bake cups that are very good at that stage.  Freezing the chili in cupcake tins and then putting them in baggies might work for saving larger amounts of chili, too.  Good luck!

SC80075
on 7/25/14 2:53 am

I LOVE the cupcake tin idea -- thank you.  I used to cook for a large - big eating - family.  Last year I got divorced and I have the kids, but two of the three are in TN with their father and the third is away for a few weeks.  It's really hard to want to cook anything just for me and I'm telling you, the ONLY way I know how to cook chili is in large pots.  LOL  I do use turkey which tastes fantastic, but I also use about 5 or 6 different kinds of beans, whole tomatoes, onions, etc.  My two younger kids will be home on August 3, so I can probably make it then and will be able to freeze the leftovers.

I'll check eggface's website.  I'm actually getting a little tired of chili, but I can't eat ANY other meats -- I literally get sick on everything -- grilled chicken, pork, steak, hamburgers, a hotdog, turkey and gravy - everything.  I was CRAVING brussel sprouts and made an individual servicing size of them -- got sick from that too - even though I chewed like crazy.  The only other food that stays down is probably one that is NOT recommended --- I ate 1/2 of a small baked potato with fresh butter the other day -- Ijust "needed" that warm comfortable feeling - and it stayed down very well.  Of course, it's all carb and very little protein, so I know I can't do that often.

Anyway -- thanks so much for the suggestions!

Stacie

Jmoore6911
on 7/25/14 4:40 am - York, PA

I am almost 9 years out... and I must say that there have been many times that I really slowed down on my weight loss and have even plateaued, but I noticed that my clothes would start to fit differently... don't worry too much just keep up on your vitamins and eating properly and everything will be fine

Honeytwirl
on 7/25/14 5:13 am

I am 3 weeks out and I have had pureed Wendy's chili as well.  It looks a little weird, but my 1/4 c. was delicious at dinner and a large size will last me for almost a week.   :P

I also like baby food chicken heated with a half of a slice of American cheese and doctored up with garlic powder and finely crushed Italian spices.

I tried 4 peel and eat shrimp (minced up and chewed to a total mush) with just a tad (1/2 t.?) of ****tail sauce. They went down easily for me.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 482 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 450 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404