What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 7/28/14 10:34 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning RNYers! I'm currently choking down a new breakfast experiment that I do not like, but don't want to waster - greek yogurt and PB2, not my cup of tea. Oh well, every trial can't be a winner I suppose.

As you might remember, last Wednesday I took a BodyPump class and I am seriously still feeling it (a little) today. Through Saturday I was so sore in my thighs from all those squats that I had to walk down the steps like a 2 year old. BUT! I'm going back tonight! My schedule this week made it hard to find a weekday class I could fit in and I'll have to skip Aqua Zumba, but I want to make sure to get back to BP and, you know, torture myself again today. 

How do you alleviate muscle soreness now that we can't take things like Advil, my old go to?

Time since surgery: 20 weeks today

B: (gross) Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: Chike high protein iced coffee

L: Flatout Pizza with turkey pepperoni

S: almonds and string cheese

D: Eggbeaters omelet with turkey sausage crumbles

S: Some of my Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 847, Protein 89, Carbs 56, Fat 37

V: started

W: waiting, waiting, waiting

E: BodyPump!

Going to do some cooking tonight as well - Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs. Hopefully they turn out good. The stats on MFP show them to be a pretty good bang for the buck, so here's hoping! 

I've also seriously been in the mood to bake lately. I'm thinking of trying these Flourless Chocolate Zucchini Oat Bars. I would need to bake them, eat like 1/2 of one, then take the rest to the Library, but I wouldn't feel too guilty doing so since they're not that unhealthy. Do you have any not-too-bad-for-you things you bake now?

PS. I'm giving up on my Greek Yogurt, I ate 3/4 of it, but I just don't like it at all. 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

dlang057
on 7/28/14 10:52 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Good morning! Keeping it short and sweet and will just share my menu for today.

Hope everyone enjoys their day. Danielle

Time since surgery: 19 weeks

B – Black bean burger

S – 1 C mixed frozen fruit

L – turkey chili

D – turkey ricotta meatballs w/marinara and grilled veg sauce

S – Premier Protein Chocolate Shake

E – Walking at lunch and then for 45+ minutes after work. 10 minutes of arm toning before bed

W/V – Have started and expect them to be on track today

Totals – 855 calories, 83g protein, 26g fat & 82g carbs

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/14 11:10 pm

Good morning today is a beautiful looking out the window of my office.Better than rain. Those mozzarella meatballs sound good. I do not bake.I never have thank goodness. I like to cook but baking is a science and I stink at that.

B:Syntrax coffee flavored protein on the drive into work later had eggs and a piece of a small peach

L:Shrimp on salad 

S:Yogurt with blueberries 

D:Chicken burgers

I made a crock pot recipe yesterday and when I went to stir it I had left some of the paper on the chicken so it was not edible. I was mad.That was supposed to be my lunch for today and dinner tomorrow night. I didn't get upset like I would have done in the past.I just called my husband and said guess what you are talking me out to dinner.

Vitamins are halfway there I drank water on my way into work I have about a 40 minute drive.Exercise I am going to make my husband go out walking somewhere tonight.

Have a good day

AnnyBananny
on 7/29/14 12:08 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh no! That's such a pain about the crockpot chicken, but at least you got to go on a date?!

I'll report back on the meatballs, I think they look really good too - I'm excited to try them. Since the weather is pretty mild today it's the perfect night to turn on the oven.

Louise1974
on 7/29/14 12:19 am

Good morning!  I am pleased to report that yesterday is over and I feel much less sad today.  Hallelujah!  And I had a spot on food day yesterday!

S:  tea with soy milk

B:  chia pudding, omg, are you all eating this stuff?  Spectacular!L:  lentil soup with salad

S:  chickpea salad, dole whip ice cream

D:  pinto beans

Have a great day everybody!

Finding_Feather
on 7/29/14 1:01 am

Hey Anny, glad to hear you tried bodypump! And yeah, the first one is a killer - I couldn't lower myself into a chair for a few days after the first class. Soon, you'll start feeling so strong and badass!

I just got back from a weekend and trip and lost 3 more lbs! Just stuck to protein while eating out. This week is going to be busy with Dodger games and another weekend out of town! Hope everyone has a great day!

B: 1/2 sandwich thin, 2oz turkey, 1oz muenster

L: chicken salad w/ black beans, cheese, salsa

D: ?

W: gotta get on that

V: on it

E: swim, or hike if it's not too hot.

AnnyBananny
on 7/29/14 1:05 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

FF, yippe! Congrats on a successful weekend out of town! Yeah, BP felt amazing but also made me think I might die LOL.

Dodgergirl27
on 7/29/14 1:38 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

So, I had my 6 month follow up with my Dr. yesterday and it sort of bummed me out.  He was really happy with my WL so far, but he basically told me he thought I would only lose 10 -20 more lbs (which would put me at 210 on the low end and 220 on the high, and my bmi would still be "overweight").  He said 1. he doesn't put much stock in bmi, b/c it doesn't account for body type and 2. that we can do more harm that good by trying to force ourselves into some pre-determined weight.  He basically said that if I eat really low cal in order to get to my goal weight (which is between 160 -170) I can do serious harm to my kidney's and gallbladder.  He said I may lose more weight than what he's projecting, but basically to just stick to plan and let my body decide what's right for it.  Totally sound advice, but still bummed me out.  I'm now freaking out that my body will be happy where it is, and I'll never see "onederland".  My weight was just falling off, and honestly the last month to month and a half it's come to an absolute crawl.  I've read a ton of post on here where people slowed down month 6, then things picked up again.  I really hope I'm one of those ppl!  I mean, I feel great, I'm a size 14, which is great.  But, really more than anything in the world, I'd love to shrink out of the Gwyniee bee size range (and I love GB, but still it's my secret #1 goal).  Anyways, I left feeling kind of bummed.  Anyone else get advice like that from their Dr and still keep losing weight?

Time since surgery: 6 months

B - loaded greek yogurt

L - Premier Protien

D - TBD

V/W - On track

E - JM 30 day shred

Have a great Tuesday everyone,

Finding_Feather
on 7/29/14 1:51 am

I'm sorry you're feeling bummed out :(

Dodgergirl27
on 7/29/14 2:08 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Thanks :)  It was just tough to hear my surgeon not think I had a chance of losing much more weight.  I don't know if it's me personally or if he just doesn't think people realistically lose more than 120 lbs+.  I'm hoping to prove him wrong in 6 months, or rather my body has different ideas :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics