Spice up water......... what do you drink to shake things up?

Blackbird1987
on 7/29/14 6:17 am, edited 7/29/14 6:18 am

What do you like to drink to get in your fluids besides plain ol' water? I have tried some dasani drops etc and crystal lite but do you drink any flavored drinks that are low cal/sugar or do you have any good recipes for jazzing up your water? A fella in my support group puts strawberries and blueberries in his water to flavor it…. how about you?

Any good lemonade recipes that are low sugar? I need to spice up my water and ice 

Thanks,

Ashley

AnnyBananny
on 7/29/14 6:22 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I like the 4C drink mixes, nothing special - but I seem to like them more than Crystal Lite for some reason. I like the fruit punch and the green tea flavors best.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

jefferytmc
on 7/29/14 6:31 am

My wife and daughters do those squeezable drops.  I think like the Dasani stuff.  But I think they also have a generic one.

I personally just like plain water.  I can drink most any room temp or colder, but I do prefer colder.  It is easy and no mess and just what my body needs.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/14 6:51 am

I use Crystal light.I like the rasberry lemonade.

Blackbird1987
on 7/29/14 7:00 am

I drink plain ol' water a lot but sometimes I squeeze a bunch of lemons in it and it is DELICIOUS. I am always up for a change of pace :)

SkinnyScientist
on 7/29/14 7:50 am

Water with cucumber slices + orange slices

Water with cucumber + mint sprigs.

Water with mint

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

burghblonde
on 7/29/14 10:36 am
RNY on 05/12/14

I drink a little bit of all kinds of non-carbonated stuff. I am pretty stuck in the same routine right now and change the flavors. A cup of coffee in the AM, then a glass of H20, then a protein shake, then one or 2 flavored waters (either by Mio, Crystal light, or propel or vitamin water), then a decaf green tea in the evening and another glass of H20 before bed.

I also typically have a small G2 at some point during the day (12 oz). My nutritionist suggests a very small amount of sugar to avoid ketosis (watered down gatorade, G2, powerade) so I choose G2 since it is low in sugar and contains some electrolytes. Has anyone else been told that this is a good measure??

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Nickeliz
on 7/29/14 11:21 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13

I drink vitamin water zero when I'm playing tennis because sometimes I just feel like I want a little something more than water. 

chellenc
on 7/29/14 10:41 am
RNY on 11/17/14

I use the Mio drops they are like the Dasani I like black cherry mmmmmm. I just can't do plain water :(

Michelle in NC

katefitzcap
on 7/29/14 3:11 pm
RNY on 02/03/14

I usually just drink plain old ice water, myself.  Sometimes i drink Fruit 2-0, but i feel like when i drink the no sugar added drinks i crave sweets more. i think there's science behind that one! so i just try to stick to regular old water, maybe a little lemon once in a while. 

if you want a no sugar added lemonade recipe, i found one  No Sugar Added Lemonade!! personally, i would add splenda to it, and not stevia (if you look at the recipe), because stevia can have a licorice-type taste to it. but if you like that, then use the stevia! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics