July 10 was my one year surgeriversary! Pictures...

Loveymae
on 7/29/14 1:30 pm

I have a ways to go yet but it will take some time since other health issues restrict my ability to exercise. I plan to keep plugging away little by little until I get to where I want to be. What helps me the most is keeping a daily food and weight log and visiting this site often. I have not eaten sweets since last June and I do not miss them. My downfall has always been salty foods, especially chips. Occasionally I will get a small bag of tortilla chips to calm the craving. Greek Yogurt is now my go to item when I am hungry. I have learned to replace mayo and sour cream with plain yogurt seasoned with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, and onion. Often I have white albacore tuna salad or egg salad made with the seasoned yogurt and throw in a 1/4 of a cup of shredded cheese or some avocado. When I want something sweet I add a couple tablespoons of "simply fruit" to a cup of plain yogurt and sprinkle a bit of stevia over it then top it off with a bit of cool whip. While I mainly lurk here this forum has become my support group since there is not one in my small town. Thanks to the vets for all the advice and patience given to us [newbies]!

SW: 307    

Bubbles314
on 7/29/14 1:46 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

You look great, keep up the good work.  I am proud of you for sticking with the program when things get in the way.  You've got this.  Congrats

Loveymae
on 7/30/14 9:28 am

Thank you!

NinaCanDOit
on 7/29/14 3:29 pm
RNY on 06/27/14

Big Congratulations  and thank you for sharing your goto ideas!

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Loveymae
on 7/30/14 9:32 am

Thanks! It helps me when others share so wanted to return the favor.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/29/14 3:39 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Congratulations on your obvious success!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Loveymae
on 7/30/14 9:33 am

Thank you!   

Dartmouth
on 7/29/14 7:22 pm - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

You look amazing and are an inspiration!  

I cannot exercise either and it is a long haul to loose this weight but you look wonderful and obviously have changed your life style and that gives me hope and courage!

Loveymae
on 7/30/14 9:41 am

Thank you so much!  Always remember that you  can do it as long as you keep a positive attitude and follow the program your doctor gives you.  It is not always easy but it is so worth it as the weight falls off!

juluch
on 7/29/14 9:56 pm

Thanks for posting, you look wonderful!  Keep it up!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 97 views
Recent Topics