Weight Gain

KathyS28
on 7/31/14 12:21 am - MA

I had RNY in Nov of 2012 and lost 100lbs, didn't reach goal but no more diabetes, High blood pressure and definitely could get around and felt much better about myself. I have now gained back 30. In the fall my husbands illness progressed and at first I just didnt have time to plan my meals and exercise since all my time was involved taking care of him. He passed in Dec and since then I have been eating more than I should. Not totally back to old habits, but eating foods I shouldn't and not exercising. Food has once again become my comfort. I didnt go to my last surgery appt, because I am ashamed of my failure. I also was one of those people who said I would never gain the weight back. So I am here looking for support, I have also been off the forums for months.....I am offically announcing I am going back to basics and using this tool. One problem is I don't really feel full very often, hopefully upping my protein will take care of that. Any advice is appreciated.

I can't seem to update my ticker to show my new weight, can anyone remind me how please.

Ali Shepherd
on 7/31/14 1:43 am - Smyrna, TN

Kathy,

I'm sorry for you lost, I understand sometimes cir****tances control our life, but its never to late to go back to your healthy habits in eating and in what you eat. it's going to little hard in the beginning but you can make it for sure. get the protein shake back and eat a lot of veggies and fruits so you can feel full.

tdbull
on 7/31/14 2:14 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Kathy - first let me extend my sympathies for the loss of your husband. I can't even imagine going through this, but you did, and you need to treat yourself kindly and with love. A 30lbs gain is not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean that you can't get back to basics. By reaching out to this forum, staying engaged with us for support, and trying to banish those pesky old eating habits, you'll be back down to your maintenance weight, and may even feel much better physically and emotionally.
To update your Ticker, go to top right corner of OH screen and click My OH. Click Health Tracker, click Tickers & Widgets, click edit. Just make sure you save!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

eeyoremom2
on 7/31/14 3:02 am - WI
RNY on 06/01/12

Im so sorry for your loss we just hit the 1 year anniversary of losing my father same thing I was his caregiver and in his last week all other things went out the window. In the last year I gained 22 lbs back by eating things i shouldnt have and lack of exercise, i am a little over 2 years out from surgery so i can definitely relate I can tell you your tool still works if you use it. About 3 weeks ago I made a decision to quit using food as my escape as I know in my heart my dad would have wanted to see me to continue to be successful I decided to be done with the excuse and take back control. Since going back to basics protein forward meals, veggies fruits, no refined carbs no soda etc i have lost 10lbs in 2.5 weeks. It does work and I know you can do it too, Just have to put your mind to it and go for it. I am sure your husband would want to see you being happy and successful as well so if at first you cannot do it for you do it for him. ((Hugs)) to you and good luck just remember it is possible!

5' 2" HW: 240.2 SW: 234.2 CW: 162.1 GW: 137lbs                  

"No dream is out of reach as long as you believe it."

"With faith all things are possible" 

KathyS28
on 8/1/14 1:01 am - MA

Thanks so much for your encouragement, and you are right, my husband was so proud of me and would wish only good things for me. I find your name so appropriate, we are big Christopher Robin and Pooh fans in our home and Eeyore was his favorite character!

eeyoremom2
on 8/1/14 8:46 am - WI
RNY on 06/01/12

I LOVE Eeyore!!!! I still struggle with feelins of grief everyday and sadly i dont think it ever goes away I just know hat we have to keep moving forward in a way that would make them proud :) You can do it!!

5' 2" HW: 240.2 SW: 234.2 CW: 162.1 GW: 137lbs                  

"No dream is out of reach as long as you believe it."

"With faith all things are possible" 

selhard
on 7/31/14 5:11 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Condolences to you, KathyS28.  Sharing what was once posted by someone here:   "You haven't failed, you just haven't succeeded yet."

Loveymae
on 7/31/14 5:16 am

I went through a similar situation when my husband passed. It is a common reaction to grief. Just know that you are not alone, we are here for you. You can do this!

SW: 307    

Caroline K.
on 7/31/14 7:56 am

My condolences on your loss. That would be very hard. I'd like to make one comment, though. I read this somewhere on OH recently, and it really struck a chord, that we should be eating to satiation, not fullness, since for many of us the "fullness" signal is sort of broken, and is more of an "overfull" sensation. I know that's true for me, and it's something I'm working on now.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Sherrie P.
on 7/31/14 11:25 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Sorry for your loss.  Congratulations on your re-commitment! 

I find that carbs make me hungry. I ate them during my weight loss... but they make it hard to maintain.  I would try to detox carbs and sugar.

Good luck!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views