Calcium Solution

Rebecca S.
on 8/11/14 3:30 am
RNY on 05/23/14

I don't mind having to take vitamins every day. I realize I need them and no matter what I never miss a dose. My problem is calcium though. I have tried the chocolate calcium chews and I now gag at the sight of them. I then tried Calcet Petite and I thought they were too big. Now I bought Equate Calcium Citrate with D3 and those things are HUGE! I cut them into 4 to take them this morning but I just want to return that bottle to Walmart. Are there smaller pills out there or an easier way to get in calcium, maybe in a liquid form?  I need 1500-2000 mg a day. With these Equate brand, I would have to take 6 per day! So gross.

Info Session Aug 15, 2013-Surgery Date May 23, 2014 (281 day process) for my Roux-en-Y gastric bypass experience

AnnyBananny
on 8/11/14 3:36 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I used these chewable calcium when I was first post op. They are a *****alky, but not too bad at all. They are definitely more pricey, which is why I've gone to pills, but I know the giant horse pills can be difficult.

Good luck!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Eggface
on 8/11/14 4:11 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Celebrate Vitamins has a sample pack for $3 (includes a $3 coupon for first order so basically free) they have a ton of different calcium choices... I switch from one to another... after 8 years I get bored so one day it's be chewable, one day caramel chews, one day an ENS shake (protein + calcium + fiber) which is one of my favs: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2013/11/a-day -in-my-pouch_21.html, one day lemon square, or a combo of a few throughout the day, change it up... oh and now they have protein bars with calcium too. I'd call and ask them to send you a sample of each of the types in a sample packet. 

Hope you find something you love. If you love them you are more apt to take them consistently. 

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

poet_kelly
on 8/11/14 4:48 am - OH

with most brands of pills, you'd need at least six a day.

Maybe you'd like Upcal D which is a powder you can add to any drink? 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jen 1959
on 8/11/14 6:06 am - NH

I love UpCal ....I just take it plain ....Buy I also use the Calcuim Citrate from Walmart, Spring Valley Brand, 2 horse pills a dose, but lucky for me, the size doesn`t bother me........I just sip water first and then swallow 1 pill, take some water , more then sip, and take the other pill.........But as pointed out you might like the UpCal D, it is powder....

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

jenorama
on 8/11/14 7:00 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Wellesse makes a liquid calcium citrate.  It's available at Walmart and it's sort of like a shot of a melted orange dreamsicle.  

Jen

poet_kelly
on 8/11/14 11:35 am - OH

It is actually a combination of calcium citrate and tricalcium phosphate.  Remember we don't absorb the tricalcium phosphate, so you will not absorb all the calcium in that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherrie P.
on 8/11/14 11:23 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Celebrate Caramel Creamy Bites are the BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will give you a sample.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

The Salty Hag
on 8/11/14 11:24 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I buy liquid calcium citrate from The Vitamin Shoppe. It's a brand named Solgar. It has D3 and Magnesium citrate in it as well. It comes in blueberry and strawberry. I take 1 tablespoon 4 x a day. It does not taste too terrible. The one drawback is it has to be refrigerated after opening. When I travel, I use the B.A. chews. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/11/14 5:21 pm - OH

If you are having trouble with the size of the pills and don't like any of the chewables, Vitamin Shoppe has calcium citrate in capsules.  The capsules are just as big as some of the pills (just a somewhat different shape), but because the gelatin capsules are more flexible than pills, I find them much easier to swallow.  

Personally, I use a combination of the Chocolate Calcet Creamy Bites, the VS capsules, the Upcal D powder, and the Bariatric Advantage raspberry chews (which are my favorite!).  I have to take 2000+ per day, so I take four doses which means it is extra nice to have options.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics