Bad cramps !! :(

mawdebo
on 8/25/14 1:48 pm

OMG!! My stomach is cramping so bad today ..I can't stay off toilet. And my shoulder has bout killed me today. When I take deep breath it takes my breath.. I know I'm not getting enough fluids.. But what I do drink is going right through me. My skin is so dry, my mouth is cotton.im waiting to get in to my doctor I'm. 3 wks out. I've lost 17 lbs . I'm eating good it just goes through me but I think it's supposed to but my go**** cramps. I'm going to doctor to get him to check my numbers cuz I have been very bad anemic since I was sleeved in 2007. And find out what kind of vitamins I need to be on. What do y'all think about all this  .

My first goal 

poet_kelly
on 8/25/14 9:11 pm - OH

Sounds like you are dehydrated.  You might need to go to the ER for IV fluids.

What you eat is not supposed to just "go right through you."  What made you think it's supposed to?

You're three weeks out and you are going to go to the doctor to find out what vitamins you need to be on?  You didn't find that out before surgery?  You're not taking vitamins now?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

pathchic
on 8/25/14 10:27 pm - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Get thee to an ER, pronto

rocky513
on 8/25/14 10:30 pm - WI

If you really think you are that dehydrated then a trip to the ER and IV fluids is what you need to do.  The diarrhea could be from lactose intolerance.  Make sure your protein powder is lactose free.  Skip the regular milk and start mixing it with almond milk, soy milk, or water.  I suffered with diarrhea and cramping for months before I figured out I was lactose intolerant.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

mawdebo
on 8/25/14 11:02 pm

Yes I know that I need a multi vitamin. But I wZnted him to check me to see if anything was low and let me know so he could tell me what I need. I should have reworded it . I'm drinking premiere protein already mixed. With the sleeve I did not stay in bathroom. But now with the RNY they said I would or may not exsperience diaria. 

My first goal 

MickeyDee
on 8/25/14 11:49 pm

It is more common for RNY'ers to have constipation.  Sometimes a post-op diarrhea can be due to a lack of proper bowel bacteria.  Maybe try some good Greek yoghurt with frozen fruit?? 

Also, there's the possiblility of C. Diff, which is not fun.

mawdebo
on 8/26/14 12:35 am

What is C Diff

My first goal 

rocky513
on 8/26/14 12:31 am - WI

Premier Protein RTD contains milk.  Here is the nutritional label.  As far as vitamins and lab work, you probably won't show deficiencies from your RNY for months.  All RNY patients should be taking two multi-vitamins daily and 1500 to 2000 mg of calcium citrate daily.  That is the minimum requirement.  You may need to add more supplements after you get lab work done.  I would not wait to start taking vitamins until you are deficient.  

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

aesposito
on 8/26/14 3:06 am

Stomach pain and shoulder pain are also possible symptoms of gall bladder and pancreas issues.  Not to mention you could be dehydrated.  Get to the ER.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

mawdebo
on 8/26/14 3:11 am

I have no Gall Bladder. I'm thinking it could be lactose intolerant . I went to GNC store got protein   that is lactose free. Gonna try it.the protein I been drinking is chocolate flavor that could be doing it. But I'm gonna fool around a bit with it . Thanks bunches

My first goal 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?