NSV

pathchic
on 8/25/14 10:47 pm - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

One year ago today I joined a gym, and for the first time in my life actually used the membership.  I get my a** handed to me three times a week by my personal trainer.

Yesterday, for kicks, she pulled out my records and we repeated the exact same workout that I did one year ago today.  Finshed the 45 minute workout in 10 minutes, and didn't even break out in a sweat.  Of course, she then put me through the ringer for the remaining 50 minutes... should've expected that.

I remember at one of my early workouts, bad mouthing myself to the trainer because I was struggling more than usual.  She told me, "Sometimes the biggest accomplishment is just showing up".  Pretty insightful for a twenty-something-girl-jock.

So, here's a cheer for just showing up... getting discouraged but not quitting, making bad choices and learning from them, straying off the path but finding your way back.  Congrats to us all for moving toward improvement instead of wallowing in our failures.

Oh, yeah, I also had a guy close to half my age flirting with me the whole time.  Not that I care, of course. :)

kbb0185
on 8/25/14 10:51 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

Congrats!  That is a major accomplishment.  I am just 6 weeks post op, and have been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week for the past three weeks.  At first, I could barely do 15 minutes.  This morning I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and loved it.  It is so awesome to feel yourself getting stronger!

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

SkinnyScientist
on 8/25/14 11:23 pm

NIce! 

So you are aging like a fine wine. You aren't getting older, you are getting BETTER!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

GodsChildII
on 8/26/14 12:50 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Thanks so much for sharing this. Your story is so encouraging! I absolutely hate exercising but I have been making myself walk on the treadmill for one mile every day ( which takes me 30 minutes to do). I joined a gym for the first time ever this weekend and I so did not want to go yesterday, but I made myself. I tried yoga for 15 minutes ( my stomach was to sore for the bending) so I rode the bike for 45 minutes straight. I felt like I had scaled a mountain. I am working up to the personal trainer. I just appreciate waking up this morning and reading your post!

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/14 1:46 am
RNY on 04/10/14

Good for you!  That's great!

Going to the gym is something I struggle with.  I hate exercising.  We have a gym at my work so I make myself get on the treadmill every day.

I'm hoping once I stop dreading that I will branch out to different kinds of exercise.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 241 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?