What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 8/26/14 10:00 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, good morning! I got my butt out of bed quickly this morning and took a walk - it's so beautiful out, it was hard not to want to just keep going and NOT go to work. This is especially good as I can't walk to work today (a lunchtime run to the PO is needed and I have a ton of stuff to drag with me today) nor can I go to the gym later. Staying motivated to keep up my activity hasn't been so easy lately.

The last few days the scale and I are dancing. I'm down a pound, the next day I'm up half a pound, then I'm down a pound, and again up half a pound the next day. Boo!

Time since surgery: 5 months, 1 week

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: CHIKE!, Coffee, and some almonds

L: Bento box goodness with deli ham, Babybel Light, and Chocolate Crispy Chickpeas

S: Fiber Gourmet Thinables with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light

D: Curried Chicken and some pineapple (I've been in the mood for fruit!)

S: Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 884, Protein 84, Carbs 88 (oops, a little higher than I like), Fat 33

V/W: Started, I've been rocking vitamins and water lately, seem to have finally worked out a good for me system

E: walk in

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 8/26/14 10:31 pm - Brighton, IL

Beautiful day here too but expected to be hot later so Lily and I already have our 3.8 miles done. When I'm done with coffee I will do 20 mi utes of level 2 of the 30 day shred. On track with vitamins and fluids so far today. Friday will be my two year surgiversary and weight today is 120.4. Here's my eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese with 1/2 c Greek yogurt S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D 31/2 oz baked chicken and 1/2 c cauliflower with cheese S Greek yogurt with nuts,  Have a great day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 8/26/14 11:39 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Seriously, Karen, you're a rock star maintaining at 120!

Dcgirl
on 8/26/14 11:30 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Anny and Karen and Susan and DodgerGirl and all who will post after me!

Anny, where do you get the Fiber Gourmet Thinables?  Karen - two years post op and maintaining at 120!  Rock on!

I didn't weigh myself today because I need a break from the scale not moving lol.  I know it's only been 10 days but still.  Continuing to eat on plan and move my ass because I know it works - must dig inside myself for patience :)

I am super excited about a new form of exercise I am doing tonight.  It's at a place called SkyZone which is like a huge trampoline park.  And the class is one hour SkyRobics.  Apparently it's awesome cardio.  I also did an hour at the gym this morning so today FitBit will be happy :)  I have to work on fluids.  I think I am barely getting in 64 oz so maybe increasing them will make a difference.

Time since surgery: 8 months and a week

B: Chike!  (What else these days?  About to order two more tubs)

L: Leftover turkey chili that I thawed from the freezer

S: Strawberry light and fit with chia seeds and sliced almonds

S2: 100 calorie Skinny Pop aka crack

D: 2 jalapeño chicken sausage on way to SkyRobics

E: 30 mins personal training, 30 mins treadmill, 60 mins SkyRobics

V: On it

Totals will be 850 calories, 78 g protein, 43 g carbs.  With a ton of calories burned.  Feeling good about today.

AnnyBananny
on 8/26/14 11:45 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I can't wait to hear more about SkyRobics and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take a picture if at all possible! I feel like it will be awesome and hilarious.

I get the Fiber Gourmet crackers from Netrition.com. They call them Thinables or Half-Calorie Snack Crackers, but they appear to be the same thing. I've had all the flavors but the Everything (which I never seem to like) and they're all good. Right now I'm eating a lot of Nacho flavor with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss and loving it! I also like the plain Cheese thinables with a flavored Laughing Cow. The Cinnamon ones are really good, sort of dessert-y and I have some packs of them, but I rarely eat them as I just never seem to have room for the carbs and I don't like them paired with cheese or anything. 

Anyway, I think I've mentioned this before but I love Netrition. It seems to be a little cheaper for most products than any other site I've found and the shipping is a flat $4.95 (and free for orders over $100 I think). I mostly get my Quest bars from them, the Fiber Gourmet stuff, and some of my vitamins.

AnnyBananny
on 8/26/14 11:53 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

PS. I just looked and there are TWO SkyZones, each about 30 minutes, close by - I might need to try SkyRobics if you have fun!

karenp8
on 8/26/14 11:54 pm - Brighton, IL

Skyrobics sounds like loads of fun. I always thought trampoline would bw fun but because of my size was too intimidated. Can't wait to hear more tomorrow! Times like that I wish I didn't live out in the middle of nowhere. There's just nothing fun like that around here,but at least I love to walk which can be done anywhere. Bump up your fluids more Em and I'm sure that will get the pesky scale to move.

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/14 12:12 am

I think the doldrums of summer are upon us. I hate to see summer go. I love fall.But I love the footloose feeling of being a child in the summer even though I work.

Anny Stay off the scale for a few days. It can make you crazy.

B:Not feeling like eating so I made a protein shake with protein powder added blueberry yogurt and made a shake

L:Slice of ham and cheese

D:chicken kabobs with zucchini 

S:yogurt I am hoping target has the citrus one I love that.

Have a great day.

Louise1974
on 8/27/14 12:58 am

SO jealous of your easy access to SkyZone.  I want to spend a whole day there!  Have fun and tell us about it.  I did one trampoline class years ago and I could not keep up.  It was crazy but really fun.  I keep trying to convince my husband to let me dig a giant hole in the backyard to bury a trampoline, have you seen those?  It makes the tranpoline level with the ground.  I have this whole idea to plant sunflowers all around it so I can go out there and jump surrounded by sunflowers.  He is totally opposed.  Clearly he is not seeing my vision.  Anyway, have fun!

I am just back from traveling and SOOOO happy to be back.  My big goal for today is to de-toxify!  I am eating good food, getting good rest, drinking good water, and breathing good air.  That is the plan!

Time out from surgery:  23 months

S:  tea with soy milk

B:  cherry tomatoes with nasturtium flowers and oregano, salmon patty pan fried in olive oil (totally my new favorite food, 120 calories, 14 grams protein, cooks in five minutes!)

L:  fried eggs with sauteed kale and tomatoes

S:  raspberries from the garden and almonds

D:  pinto beans with carmelized peppers and onions

Exercise:  house cleaning and gardening, I wish I could sneak in a quick hike but if I don't get this house in order I am going to lose my mind. 

AnnyBananny
on 8/27/14 3:15 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ha! Good luck convincing your hubby on the hole for the trampoline LOL! I just emailed a girl friend to ask her if she wants to try SkyZone sometime, I hope it will be fun and I can't wait to hear about Em's experience.

Welcome back! I was feeling the same way when I returned from vacation. Have a fun day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views