Putting down my fur baby today and all i wanna do is eat

RainbowRN
on 8/28/14 11:31 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Today we have to put down one of our fur babies.  Conan is almost 14 years old and such a loving and beautiful dog.  His back legs have stopped working and he can't really hold his bowel or bladder anymore.  We have known this day was coming for awhile but we can't put it off anymore.  I would never let him suffer.  All I wanna do is eat my feelings.

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

Caroline K.
on 8/29/14 12:10 am

I'm so sorry for you. I can't imagine how terrible this must be, but please try to remain strong.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/14 12:12 am

I am so sorry you are going through this it is one of the hardest things ever.Get out and take a walk with your wife and try to stay away from eating crap. Your dog will be thankful you did this for him.

You know you are doing the right thing.

NewMe2.0
on 8/29/14 12:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

My heart breaks for you...I know how hard it can be. 

You are doing the most loving and selfless thing someone can do for their pet...Have you ever read the poem the rainbow bridge?  I hold on to this thought when I get sad about the loss and I hope to heck its true.  Also in the book/movie Heaven is for Real...pets are up there!  Try and think of your boy running through big fields of grass, pain free...

Be strong today for him.  Try and not eat your feelings, for you. 

Big HUGS..

Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

tdbull
on 8/29/14 1:09 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am so sorry you're going thru this sad loss. It's so hard bc our pets are part of our family. 2 friends and my Son had to put their dogs to sleep in th past week. It just breaks our hearts. Sending you hugs.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

jenorama
on 8/29/14 2:23 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Oh no!  I'm sorry you're having to go through this with your boy today. Take this time to reflect on the 14 wonderful years you had with him. You've given him an amazing life and now it's time to let go and let him move on. 

You have an opportunity to break the cycle of eating your feelings. You can do it and we're here for you when you feel like you can't. 

Jen

katiemae313
on 8/29/14 2:31 am - Alexandria, Virginia

I join the others, and say that I am so very sorry!  I hope you can find comfort in knowing that you gave your pup a great life.

poet_kelly
on 8/29/14 3:52 am - OH

Ah, I'm sorry.  I just had to put my 15 year old cat to sleep Tuesday.  I picked up her ashes today.  I know how very hard it is.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

somestorm
on 8/29/14 4:07 am
with

I'm sorry. Two years ago I had to put down the cat I'd had from age 8 to age 25. This was pre-RNY and I have to admit I did quite a bit of emotional eating. I had to comfort myself that he had gotten more pets per kitty lifetime than almost any other cat. You have to comfort yourself that you gave him the best, most loved life he could have.

I don't know what you like to eat, but maybe make yourself some bariatric-friendly comfort food, whether that's a chicken casserole, eggplant lasagne, or sugar free brownies and plan on having a reasonable portion of tasty dinner and dessert. That might be more realistic than trying to rely on pure willpower, and it will still let you stay on track. Or at least for me, making a plan that doesn't involve only willpower has been an effective strategy so far.

alib1976
on 8/29/14 4:25 am
VSG on 10/16/14

So sorry for your loss!!  Losing a pet is the worst. 

Find other things to keep you busy, talk a walk, something, please stay away from the food.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics