Almost 4 months out need help

Darkwingdc
on 8/31/14 2:41 pm - MI

I am not sure what I am doing so wrong.  I had my three month check up on Aug 6.  The three weeks leading up to it I only lost a pound a week.  I had RNY May 6th 2014,  had my first appointment with the Doc March 31.  HW 354 SW 324 CW 260.8.  I am happy with how far i have come but I am getting upset.  After my three weeks of only loosing one pound a week I lost 6 the next week and then gained two.  

I was working out 45-60 mins a day and walking 3-5 miles a day.  The doc say to cut back on the exercise and eat more.  So I did and I lost two pounds.  But now I don't know what I am doing so wrong.  I am now eating about 700 calories a day trying to keep carbs between 25-35 and only walking about 3 miles a day and riding a bike about 3-4.  My Doc said if I was not loosing after a few weeks to call him and he would give me something to jump start my weight loss.  I called on Tuesday and they never called me back.

I don't know what I am doing so wrong.  I know my work schedule does not help I work 4 12 hour shifts from 630 pm-630 am and then four days off.  But 
I try to sleep as much as I can.  All I want to do is cry and give up.  But giving up is not an option.  I need to do this for my kids.  But I just get so depressed over this.  I had to cut 18 inches of my hair off because it was falling out so bad.  I have NEVER had short hair and i see the weight not coming off and I think i should have stayed big and kept my hair.

Can someone please help?  :o(:::::

cookie1351
on 8/31/14 2:55 pm

Iincrease your b12 your metabolism needs a boost sounds like it . And the b12 is very good for lots of things including weight loss hope it works for u let me know. Hang in there ok your doing good girl (-: .I had my surgery  a month ago and u make me keep going with your success. 

Darkwingdc
on 8/31/14 4:04 pm - MI

My B12 was fine when i had it all checked.  But I can increase that.  I am willing ot try anything,.

MickeyDee
on 8/31/14 4:20 pm

STAY OFF THE SCALE!!!!!

Your body will not lose weight consistently;  just focus on eating properly, staying hydrated, and getting your exercise.  

In one year, then look back at your progress.  You are not failing.  You do NOT need something to "jumpstart" your weightloss.

Unlax, Kiddo.

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/14 8:27 pm

I had RNY May 2012, I have lost weight very fast, but I was sick with nausea, and I could only eat a liquid diet for weeks as how my program was set up.  I have lost 83 lbs so far. I did have a issue March 2013. I gained 30 lbs due to a birth control shot. Your doctor needs to ck your Thyroid, B1 levels also.  You have to eat more in order to lose more.  I actually eat more now than I did before surgery, but its little meals of fresh food, and good snacks, and Protein Shakes Lean from GNC. I use ClearLax or Miralax, and Citrucel and that has helped me drop 15lbs again.  I am glad your able to work, because I cannot now at all. I have something wrong with memory since Surgery.  I stay away from the inner part of the grocery store if possible. I wash all can items. I only use No Sugar Added fruits or fresh.  The only fast food I really think is healthly is Moe's Southwest Grill. I drink loads of Smoothies from Tropical Smoothie too.   I finally try eating steak after two years. I felt pretty good. I can eat seafood now too.  Stay away from pasta, and rice right now too. I really think your not eating enough. I hope this helps you.

Samantha F.
on 8/31/14 10:57 pm, edited 8/31/14 10:57 pm - Coden, AL
RNY on 06/09/14

My surgeon told me to expect stalls at 3 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and a year. He also said that he doesn't concern himself with my weight loss, only what I'm eating and drinking. He says that if you are only eating 5-700 calories a day and drinking your water, the weight has no choice to come off. So focus on the behavior, not the scale and you will succeed. I know it's easier said than done (I weigh TWICE a day, lol) but as long as you follow the rules it has to go.

NYMom222
on 9/1/14 1:43 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You are doing a lot of exercise so maybe you aren't eating enough. have you seen the nutritionist lately? I went on a plateau for 3 1/2 weeks right after surgery. I was so frustrated. Every long term loser I've spoken to all say plateaus are to be expected. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Friends K.
on 9/2/14 2:00 am
RNY on 01/14/14

Sounds normal. Just stay on plan and know this path has lots of starts and stalls. I only lose one week a month. I lose 5 _11 lbs in 7_10 days and then stay the same the other 3 weeks. Drink enough. Sleep enough. Get an extra dose of protein through out you day. And if the scale depresses you stay off it.

5'4" SW=285 PreOp=-13 (surgery @272#,1/14/14), 2week=-12 (260#), 1M=-20 (252#), 2M=-9.5(242.5#), 3M=-18 (224#), 4 M =-10 (214#), 5 M=-11 (202#) 6 M=-11(190.5), 7M=-7.5 (183), 8 M=-6 lbs (177) 9M=-5 (172) 10M=-7.5 (164.5#)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 25 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?