Clothes Hoarding

kayleystar
on 9/1/14 10:47 am
RNY on 01/06/15

So, I've been hitting up Goodwill over the last month to stock up on dress pants for work while my size goes down. I'm currently a 30/32 both top & bottom, and I've gotten a few pairs in each size down to size 20. (I always go on 50% off day, and $2.50 a pop for Lane Bryant pants makes it very affordable).

My gosh, these clothes look TINY. I've been my current size since 9th grade, and before that, I was a 26 since sometime in elementary school (I'm 28 years old now). I just can't comprehend that I may be wearing these size 20's in the near future! While there, I found some cute tops in XL, and picked them up, too. TINY. SO TINY. I think that may be one of my most difficult obstacles post-op....to get it through my brain that I'm not the biggest size in the store. 

I stopped at 20, because in my brain, size 18 is almost inconceivable. 

Highest Weight: 412 | Day of Surgery: 385 | Current: 341
Surgery Date: 1/6/2015 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/1/14 10:55 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I was a size 30/32 (sometimes a 26/28) when I had my surgery.  I'm a size 14 right now (7 months post op) -- and I still think everything is too small to fit me when I look at it.  It's quite a ride!!  Enjoy it.  

BTW, 26/28/30/32 sized clothes sell SUPER well on eBay.  I sold my clothes as I went down and used the money to buy clothes at thrift shops.  You're smart to gather things as you go.  It took a bit at first (a lot of weight between larger sizes) but now it's often so fast between sizes that I can hardly keep up!  I wish I had of stocked up like you are!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

kayleystar
on 9/1/14 10:56 am
RNY on 01/06/15

That is absolutely my plan! I'm a bit of a thrift store addict, and to appease hubby, I'll be selling them just as soon as I can to fund my addiction. ;)

kheinz
on 9/1/14 1:02 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with

I was the same size!  I was thinking about eBay, but I despise mailing things!

TattooMammaRN
on 9/1/14 1:03 pm

It is so exciting every time you fit into a smaller size. Hoard all sizes!!!  It's fun to thrift store shop anyway :). I wore a medium top today that I bought 6 months ago. I kept asking my daughter if she was sure it fit me right and are you sure it looks ok. It is hard to comprehend!!!  Enjoy every minute of it.!

NYMom222
on 9/1/14 1:30 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good for you finding such great stuff at the thrift store. I never see good plus sizes at the thrift. Had my surgery and have been milking my summer clothes to get me into September. I live in NY so we have season changing. I don't need dress pants, but jeans, yikes! so expensive. I did get 2 pairs a couple of weeks ago at Target when they were having a 40% off sale for back to school. They button but are still a little tight. Soon :) Actually the only thing I bought before the surgery was new underwear and bras. Bras were the first think I used. Bras get too big fast and it makes you look worse if they are sagging. I know what you mean about sizes, I haven't been below a 22/24 in almost 20 years. Great planning and Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Frankie82
on 9/1/14 7:20 pm
RNY on 08/07/14

That’s not hoarding; that’s smart shopping! I stopped buying clothes in my size as soon as I had a surgery date but started keeping an eye out for smaller clothes on sale. Luckily it’s end of season right now, so I was able to pick up the pants that I wear for work in the next four sizes down (on sale from $70 to $10) and the jeans that I normally wear (on sale from $49 to $4.50!!) in practically the full size run! It is a mind game though when I put them in my closet and thought “gee, only one thigh will fit in those!” but we change shape post-op fast! I have gone from a 24 to an 18 in 8 weeks and can now fit my phone, keys and wallet into my bra while I’m wearing it!

BeccaE1
on 9/2/14 1:09 am
VSG on 10/21/14 with

This cracked me up about all the stuff that fits into your bra now!!    Congratulations on all your hard work paying off!!!!!

kayleystar
on 9/2/14 10:00 am
RNY on 01/06/15

CONGRATULATIONS! That's fantastic! Stories like this give me such hope.

jpm
on 9/2/14 12:26 am

I have tons of nice bling jeans from Avenue mostly in size 32 Talls and some other nice tops/sweaters.  I had not thought about Ebay , Is it easy to sell clothes on ebay?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics