Home from the hospital

RoxySquirrel13
on 9/19/14 8:47 am

I had my surgery on Wednesday.  Spent 2 nights in the hospital and am home now.  Sipping on Isopure to get fluids and protein in.  I can have full liquids (broth, jell-o, creamed soup strained, sherbert, etc).   I still have some pain - especially where my drain is - makes it uncomfortable to sit, lay, move, etc.

Anyone else have surgery this week? How are you doing?

Start Weight: 297         Surgery Weight: 279.7        Current Weight  248.4

Surgery 9/17/14

NYMom222
on 9/19/14 9:20 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Congratulations! I am 8 weeks out and remember my first day home well. The first night was rough but only because I didn't know what I was doing. LOL. Just keep sipping the protein. I laid low for the weekend, but by the time I went for my first post-op appointment on Monday things were on the upswing. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ANTI0NETTE
on 9/19/14 9:54 am

I had surgery last Wednesday I was also hme in two days. I sm on clear liquids for 2weeks and then on to the next stage. My furst night at hme was ok. I started walking 3 to 4 times a day in the hospital 5 laps each time I walked.  I came hme and walked morning and evening bc I want to work the soreness out and I dont want any gas but mostly because I try to keep my blood flowing.  Do you get to eat cream of wgeat ir iatmeal on this stage you on?

ANTI0NETTE
on 9/19/14 9:57 am

Cream of wheat or oatmeal on this stage. Im typing on my phone so please excuse the typo's and congrats on ur wls. I also dont hurt as much anymore. Jus on my left side and thats only when im trying to get up off something low like my bed, couch, and car

RoxySquirrel13
on 9/19/14 10:18 am

Wow you did good walking!  I was able to do 1 lap my first day (night of surgery).  Thursday I did 1 lap 7 times.  Today I did 3 or 4 laps then the walking up the stairs to my apartment, getting meds filled, etc

eseats
on 9/19/14 10:01 am - GA
RNY on 09/16/14

Hey, I had my surgery on Tuesday and is doing ok other than the little soreness that I am feeling at all of my incision sites and I have the powdered protein that I makes shakes out of I am having a hard time adjusting to that. I also don't like having to crush my blood pressure pills it makes me gag every time because it is so bitter. Other than that I am doing ok.

##ProudMommyof3!!!!##

RoxySquirrel13
on 9/19/14 10:14 am

My only pain is where the drain is (it is where they put in the big stapler he told me).  I tried some unsweetened applesauce for dinner (like 1/8 cup). I added a teaspoon of unflavored protein powder to the half cup of applesauce.  I can't do cream of wheat or oatmeal yet I don't think - not until the pureed stage.

Start Weight: 297         Surgery Weight: 279.7        Current Weight  248.4

Surgery 9/17/14

FredeesMom
on 9/19/14 10:55 am

Congratulations and best of luck as you go forward. I look forward to reading your next post and your progress. Way to go!!

mizzymizan
on 9/20/14 1:18 am - pompano bch, FL

I had my sx 9/15 and came home after 2 days with a drain. My only issue is the protein shakes for some reason they taste sweet and I can't stand them. My pain has only been gas related and I think after last night I will no longer have anymore gas lol

Jessica N.
on 9/22/14 5:27 am

I had mine on the 15th.  I came home on the 17th.  I was pretty miserable until Saturday and Sunday.  Sunday (yesterday) was by far my best day, I didn't even have to hit the pain meds.  I had to return to work today (out of vacation days and we don't qualify for FMLA do to # of employees) and I'm sore as all get out.  I am a Legal Assistant, so pretty much a desk job.  But, I am very uncomfortable in my chair.  I'm hot, I can't focus.  I feel like I am moving in slow motion--not good at all.  Food wise, I can do yogurt.  I tried soup but that made me all sorts of nauseated.  I am permitted other things--but I don't want to rock the boat to speak.  I have some "itching" at the incision sites and still have a good bit of gas pains.  Tomorrow is my first post op check.  I am not making my protein goals, but I am meeting my fluid goals.  Nutritionist said that is more important now, and increase the protein as I can tolerate it.  I knew this was surgery, and felt like I was well prepared going in.  I clearly underestimated the toll this would take on my body.  Still, no regrets!!

Height: 6'1" SW: ~375 

RNY Scheduled: 09/15/14

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?