Meal Ideas

LISER617
on 9/30/14 5:47 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

Hi Everyone,

Tommorow will be my 2 month surgiversay and im down about 50 lbs!!!  Only problem is im getting bored with the same old stuff and need some ideas for tasty protein heavy bypass friendly foods. I know there is alot out there but whenever i look i get super overwhelmed. Can you tell me you #1 favorite meal?? Or maybe a good go-to website. Thanks in advance.  Bonus points if its something my hubby and kids will actually eat LOL

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 6:11 am

I make a lot of things in my crock pot super easy and usually one pot dinners. I make chili, stuffed peppers, taco meat with refried beans. There is a lot to make just make meat and veggies. 

For breakfast I make eggs a lot. I do like them.Look at Egg Face she has a lot of ideas.I can't read recipes they are a trigger for me wanting to eat.

SkinnyScientist
on 10/1/14 7:03 am

I want to eat at your house! Especially the stuffed peppers. Oh yum!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/14 7:07 am

In the crock pot they are really easy just mix ground turkey with other stuff.I use stuff what's left over in the fridge.Mix it up stuff the peppers and put tomato sauce over them and cook them all day.So easy to make.

selhard
on 9/30/14 6:27 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Meat and vegetable varied combinations are the easiest/fastest/cheapest.  My DH always has preferred that kind of meal, so he's thrilled to be done eating my old favs like lasagna, tacos, Chinese, pizza.  #1 favorite family meal: steak with a salad    Go-to website:  theworldaccordingtoeggface.com or allrecipes.com

dccyr
on 9/30/14 11:47 am

made pumpkin ricotta pancakes tonights.  Altered the eggface ricotta pancake recipe and added pumpkin with some allspice.  So very filling and yummy.  Also made some protein bars with unjury vanilla powder, oatmeal, banana and lowfat peanut butter.  baked in the oven. take to work with me for breakfast.  Trying different things.

jenorama
on 9/30/14 3:05 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I love her ricotta pancakes and pumpkin ones sound great! Can you share your modifications?

Jen

dccyr
on 9/30/14 9:19 pm

I substitute vanilla pudding for the lemon pudding.  I added 1/4 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp all spice.  

dccyr
on 9/30/14 9:20 pm

I also drizzled sugar free maple syrup on top.  Really yummy.

AngryViking
on 9/30/14 10:18 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Hands down, my favorite meal since my surgery was a Morningstar Farms Mediterranean chickpea burger with feta and tomato, with a couple of Skinnytaste zucchini tots on the side.  It's less than 200 calories total and totally delicious and filling.  Actually, all of the recipes I've made from Skinnytaste.com have been winners.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics