bellllyy fat

Eno
on 10/22/14 6:33 am - ocala, FL

so I am 4 months post op I weigh about 185 starting weight was 236 I've lost a lot of weight in my waist thighs and butt area even my boobs but my belly still stands still when did the belly start melting off on you guys?

Eating habits are okay i eat alot of chicken ill have some rice. Here and there and bread to but its wheat.. I have tried diet coke but never drank a whole whats were u guys eating at 4 months would love some examples

jenn1469
on 10/22/14 6:56 am

I'm at 4.5 from sleeve and my belly is melting away i started at 234 now 181 went from tight sz 16 pants to size 8 but i go too gyn 5 days a week i don't eat any sugar bread rice potatoes i eat fish meat veggies and yogurts and 2 she's and one meal a day

Jennifer

Eno
on 10/22/14 7:17 am - ocala, FL

Wow thats amazing i cant work out as much i work like crazy 

Gwen M.
on 10/22/14 12:29 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Why are you only having one meal a day when you're 4.5 months post-op?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

poet_kelly
on 10/22/14 7:10 am - OH

I don't think anything melted off me, ever.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eno
on 10/22/14 7:18 am - ocala, FL

I just hate my belly its so ugly

poet_kelly
on 10/22/14 7:26 am - OH

Well, you'll lose some weight in your belly.  We just don't often lose weight evenly all over.  Some areas seems to lose more, or lose faster, than others.  I just don't think weight "melted off" me anywhere.  I lost weight, absolutely.  But "melted off" sounds to me like really rapid weight loss and mine wasn't like that.  It was more like dripped off, I think.

You know, there are parts of my body I like the looks of a lot more than others.  But I've mostly made peace with my body.  My belly is not pretty.  I don't think it's ugly, but it's not what I would call pretty and I don't think many people would.  One of my incisions got infected and heal well and it left a noticeable scar.  I've got a couple other smaller, less noticeable scars that can still be seen if you look from either my RNY or my gall bladder removal.  I have some faded stretch marks.  My belly is saggy.  I would not look good in a bikini. 

I don't really care to wear a bikini, though, so I don't mind that too much.  The fact is, I am 43 years old.  I have given birth.  I have gained, and lost nearly 150 extra pounds.  I have had two abdominal surgeries.  And my belly looks like the belly of someone that has done all those things.  Like the rest of my body, it looks lived in.  It tells a story.

I think it's good to try to make peace with that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lucky2brh-yahoo.com
on 10/22/14 10:35 pm - Wilmington, NC
RNY on 07/01/14

Ahhh...poet_kelly sprinkling some more of her wisdom dust for us to breathe...I so relate to your down-to-earth attitude and your willingness to share...  :)

Amy K.
on 10/25/14 4:25 am - Tucson, AZ

Thank you for your perspective. I've lost 85 lbs and still have about 35-40 to go, my belly is not pretty, seems like its going to be the last thing to go. Then again it was my largest area of fat. Like you said your body looks lived in! Makes total sense, I'm 41, given birth and lost weight. I love your perspective and thank you emensely for sharing, it totally made my day! 

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

CerealKiller Kat71
on 10/22/14 7:26 am, edited 10/22/14 7:26 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I have lost from the top down.  I started at a size 26/28 (sometimes a 30/32) -- and now I am a 12 on top, but I am a 16 on the bottom.  I think a lot of people lose from the top down.  I work out 4 to 6 days a week doing mostly cardio.  I also work 70+ hours a week -- so I work a lot, too.  I have noticed that my lower half is getting firmer -- but I wouldn't say anything is melting off, unfortunately.  

I am 9 months out, I have not eaten rice, bread, nor have I had any carbonated beverages.  I can't see any advantage to consuming any of those things.  To each his own!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views