Centrum vitamins

bublegirl1
on 10/21/14 7:26 am, edited 10/21/14 7:28 am
RNY on 11/10/14

I found centrum complete chewable a today at target. They had 100% rda of all the main vitamins and minerals. The servicing was only one tablet. So I would just need two a day? And space them out? Thanks in advance. Surgery in six days so I'm trying to get everything in place. I also found the sublingual b12 there as well. 

I didn't get the rest of my supplements because I didn't plan on going to target and so I didn't have my surgery packet with me. 

-Amie

AnnyBananny
on 10/21/14 7:29 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yep! Centrum Complete chewables is what my program recommended and what I've used. I take two a day at the same time, as per my PA's instruction that it was fine to do so.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

selhard
on 10/21/14 9:02 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I was instructed to space the two vitamins out...one in the a.m. and one in the late afternoon.  I like NatureMade sublingual B12's because they dissolve quickly under the tongue.  I carry in my purse a wallet-sized supplement list to refer to when standing in a store reading the back of bottles.  Six more days til the beginning of a whole new chapter...  

bublegirl1
on 10/21/14 9:04 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Thank you both

-Amie

Chilipepper
on 10/21/14 1:16 pm, edited 10/21/14 1:18 pm

Bariatric Fusion is 4 chewables a day and include the recommended dose of Calcium citrate.  No more buying several bottles and all that spacing.  The people who created and developed them are on the ASMBS advisory board.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

bublegirl1
on 10/21/14 2:01 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

I guess I'm still confused just because my surgeon says 200% rda. Four chews of that only gets me to 100%. Thats why I assumed I have to take 8 a day. Or at least 6 because it's only like 33% rda per dose. That's what the back of the label online said. Maybe I'm missing something. I'd love to not have to take tons of different doses of things. So you only take iron separately since the calcium citrate is in your multi? 

-Amie

poet_kelly
on 10/22/14 7:11 am - OH

You are correct, you would need eight a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Chilipepper
on 10/21/14 4:17 pm

You have to look the particular numbers. Not everything do you need 200% or the RDA of a 2000 calorie a day diet.   You are looking at the Vitamins a c d thiamine, folic acid, calcium and iron..it's simple to say take 200% but it's overkill on some things.  These are based on the needs of the bariatric patient. 4 chewables a day will provide you with what you need.  These meet the standard guidelines put out by the ASMBS.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

bublegirl1
on 10/21/14 11:04 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

Ok I see. Thanks so much!

-Amie

Chilipepper
on 10/22/14 7:43 am

Be careful taking vitamin and suppliment information from so called experts who hide behind blocks and then give bad information. Kelly is a good copy and paster but she isn't medically trained in anything. She likes to make false claims concerning any post that has anything to do with Bariatric Fusion.  You need 4 a day. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 273 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics