Misery and Donuts!!!

MyLady Heidi
on 11/14/14 9:10 pm

I maxed out my insurance deductibles and out of pocket this year so I decided to pay the ortho a visit about my hip, hoping for a cortisone shot.  This hip has been an issue for 15 years, wls and normal weight for the last ten hasn't helped.  He took an xray and said omg I wasn't expecting that.  He showed me the image, one perfect hip one bone on bone that is detereorating.  He gave me the shot to hope for a small amount of relief and said total hip replacement, call me when you can't walk and want this fixed.  OMFG, seriously I turned 50 like a month ago and now **** it really breaking down.  So I did what Homer would of done to help ease the pain, a big box of donuts for my office.  Misery likes company.  Ugggh shoot me now.

Dartmouth
on 11/14/14 9:27 pm - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

What kind of doughnuts...and did you share?

In the "old days" I would have had a little misery feast all to myself...glazed, of course!

Joan

MyLady Heidi
on 11/15/14 2:52 am

Of course I shared, I ate one donut, it was had chocolate and nuts on it.  It sucked.  I didn't care, I was having a pity party.

Price S.
on 11/14/14 9:42 pm - Mills River, NC

I had hoped that losing weight would make my knee ok and it didn't.  I had the replacement and what losing weight did do was make the recovery easier. 

I tried a donut a few weeks ago.  They no longer hold an appeal for me and even though I don't dump, I sure felt awful for a while. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

MyLady Heidi
on 11/15/14 2:54 am

Oh I got sick from the donut, I really didn't care.  I really just feel sorry for myself.

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/14 10:45 pm

Didn't they make you sick?Sorry about your hip.Just think how much better off you are if you hadn't lost the weight.Feel better.

MyLady Heidi
on 11/15/14 2:55 am

Of course it made me sick.  The weight made no difference in how my hip feels.

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/14 4:41 am

I do hope you feel better.I am sorry if I may have offended you.

White Dove
on 11/14/14 11:10 pm - Warren, OH

Depressing as this is, it might be the best thing to just do and get it over with.  Your deductibles and co-pays are paid and it will be a lot more expense if you happen to fall on January 1st and need emergency hip replacement.

Donuts are a good source of comfort.  I turned 66 in April so have watched my body parts break down and have always been amazed at how much modern medicine can do for me.  I compare my treatment with my family in Ireland. 

My Aunt Julia fell and hurt her back and had to wait three years for surgery because it was not considered an emergency.  She spent those three years in pain and now walks stooped over. 

My cousin Maureen waited over two years for her hysterectomy, practically an invalid with constant heavy bleeding from fibroids and endometriosis.

We are used to going to the surgeon and scheduling surgery and not being put on a many years long waiting list.  Be thankful that you have competent doctors, excellent hospitals and control over when your surgery is scheduled. 

Save me a cream filled chocolate frosted donut.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MyLady Heidi
on 11/15/14 3:00 am

I would have the surgery this year if I could fit it in, but this time of year would kill me at work.  And I have no time left for vacation, and I can't afford to only get a percentage of my pay for short term disability.  I am not ready for replacement yet, I can still walk, even if I am limping so badly today.  I cant deal with the idea of replacement yet.

The sad part is I don't even like the donuts at the place I went, my co-workers liked me though.

Thanks

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?