thoughts/experience with Genepro??

mtnmamaof_4
on 11/25/14 11:24 am

I am in puree phase now and am working hard to get my protein in with the tiny amounts I can eat.  I have been adding injury unflavored to things to increase the protein content, but the taste oisnkillong me!  I have read a bout genepro, but was wondering what the thoughts/info were on how it compares for nutritional value/absorbability, etc?  Thoughts??

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/25/14 12:04 pm - OH

There is some considerable debate about whether their protein content claims are legitimate or not.  There was a discussion on here a couple of months ago, but I confess that I am pretty skeptical about the "science" behind it.  

Perhaps you are trying to put too much protein powder into things if it is affecting the taste that much.  When I was first post-op, I only added it to things that had a fairly strong flavor to begin with.  I was more successful with finding alternate ways of drinking the protein.  

Some people find that Unjury Chicken soup is far more tolerable than the sweet protein powders, and find that things like adding protein powder to something like SF/diet hot chocolate makes it very palatable.  (At 7+ years out, I still occasionally drink the chicken soup! and I have either Unjury Chocolate Splendor of Syntrax Vanilla Bean Nectar mixed into SF hot chocolate every weekday morning.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Dartmouth
on 11/26/14 12:37 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I found that adding skim milk powder to things like yogurt, sugar free pudding and low SF hot chocolate helped boost my protein...I really couldn't add protein powder to things...flavoured or not, it just turned my stomach...

good luck!

joan

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?