Recovery Question

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/14 7:19 pm
with

I had surgery Wednesday and I am home feeling ok.  The only place I have significant pain in under my ribs at the top of my stomach.  There was a lot of scar tissue from the band removal, and I am still struggling with gas.  Has anyone else had the pain up high there?  How long until it felt significantly better?

GodsChildII
on 11/21/14 8:31 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Fr the gas have you tried extra strength GasX? Walk, walk and then walk some more! Just keep moving and the gas will dissipate!

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/14 9:02 pm - Edmonton, Canada

First, I still I'll say call the office, or your nurse, as they will tell you if you need to come in - because there are things that can go wrong. e.g. internal hernia, popped stitches, etc.

Second, you're not alone. On that one side, I was in a lot of pain and it took the longest to heal. I still think it's not quite done healing as I'm only 2 months out, but it isn't tender anymore. It took about 3 weeks before it was only tender.

Use a pillow, like a throw pillow, hold it firmly to your stomach when you get up and down. This will give your muscles extra support.

Good luck.

sqlchick19
on 11/21/14 11:31 pm
RNY on 12/15/14

Congrats on your surgery!  I'm scheduled for a band removal and RNY on 12/15.  Since you are one step ahead...I look forward to your updates.  Hope you feel better soon!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/14 12:04 am
with

Thanks everyone, I am using GasX and slowly the gas seems to be moving. I am only on Tylenol for pain, so that may be why I am feeling it more than others who had heavier meds after surgery.  I can feel the swelling at the top of my stomach, but the doc said it was totally normal.Sipping and walking today and hoping that by a week out I feel more like myself.  I am also NOT a fan of the 5 lb weight gain from surgery but I know that will go soon.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics