Spaghetti and rice sticking in my chest

Teragram
on 11/26/14 6:16 am - Phenix City, AL
Karen M.
on 11/26/14 6:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ummm.... don't eat spaghetti and rice?

No great loss, nothing good for you in them anyway.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

karenp8
on 11/26/14 6:55 am - Brighton, IL

That's why they are not really recommended for people post surgery. I  handle it by just steering clear and sticking to the meatballs instead.

Teragram
on 11/26/14 7:00 am - Phenix City, AL
Karen M.
on 11/26/14 7:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

Other than waiting it out in agony? Nope, afraid not. lol I don't each much pasta or rice at all and I still have a problem with rice particularly, so I mostly just avoid it.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

poet_kelly
on 11/26/14 7:57 am - OH

I have no problem with rice, so I eat it occasionally (usually brown rice).  Pasta causes me discomfort so I don't eat it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Chilipepper
on 11/26/14 7:31 am, edited 11/26/14 7:32 am

You are 9 yrs out and you come on here to ask for suggestions on how not to get spagetti and rice stuck in your chest so you don't have to stick your finger down your throat and gag yourself until it comes out.   

Is is this for real?  This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen.    

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Teragram
on 11/26/14 8:42 am - Phenix City, AL
poet_kelly
on 11/26/14 7:56 am - OH

I suggest not eating spaghetti or rice.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

The Salty Hag
on 11/26/14 9:39 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Why delete your responses? ( I can still see the original post btw since I chose to reply to the post.) It's a shame you deleted them. You lost a really great opportunity to have people learn from you. 

This thread could have served as a great reminder WHY such foods are not a good choice even as far as 9 years out and it also could have been perfect for new post-ops to see that they need to avoid spaghetti and rice at all costs.

Also...yeah...no more spaghetti or rice for you it would seem. Yikes. Hope you were able to resolve your situation. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views