I made goal. And now the hard part begins.

Dcgirl
on 12/2/14 8:57 pm, edited 12/2/14 9:38 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Huh.  I made "goal" this morning.  11.5 months since surgery, the scale read 159.  I arbitrarily set my goal at 160 (my doctor wouldn't even give me one).  It's funny because when I started this whole journey, 200 seemed unattainable, and as I closed in on 200 I changed my goal to 170 and then 160.  And here I am at 159 and thinking about revising to 145 which is when I am "normal" on the BMI chart.

Reaching goal isn't changing anything in my life.  I am not going to celebrate or buy myself something new.  Because I know I will continue to measure and track my food in MyFitnessPal, eat smaller portions of dense protein, go to the gym 5-6 times a week.  My life will still be about making (mostly) good choices and being committed to my health.  I hope to avoid regain but know it's an uphill battle as I can already eat more in both quantity and variety, and the malabsorption will soon disappear.  However, there are some people on OH who have been maintaining within 5 lbs of their goal weight for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 years...and I will strive to be like them.  I guess this is why WLS is completely different than a diet for me.  God, it sounds cheesy to talk about a journey and a lifestyle change but I guess there is a reason those terms come up so often.

Anyway, I am sharing this news because I may be at my own random, arbitrary goal, but I don't know I would have made it without the support and advice from the folks here on OH.  I know you have to weed through daily 3-week stall freak out posts, but there are some amazing, knowledgeable people on here and that's how I know that maintenance is the hard part.  Somehow it doesn't feel daunting, and I credit having this amazing tool.  When I eat correctly (dense protein first), I can eat very little.  It's those slider foods that will get me (and all of you, too ha ha).

Here is a pic of me the day of surgery, and one from last week (buying a glitter jumpsuit and belt for a holiday party).  I don't even recognize the person on the left - and frankly never felt that big.  Now I don't always recognize the gal on the right, and I certainly don't feel that small.  

Next life goal - PLASTIC SURGERY!!!  I really need a lower body lift, breast lift, arm lift.

Thanks again for all of the help along the way, folks!

ETA: My 100 lbs lost and 200 lbs lost posts along the way: 

100 lbs lost

200 lbs lost

Left photo - 351 lbs, size 26/28  /  Right photo - 159 lbs, size 10/Medium

AnnyBananny
on 12/2/14 9:07 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Jessalyn04
on 12/2/14 9:15 pm
RNY on 11/17/14

Congratulations!  You look great.  Thank you for being A inspiration.

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/2/14 9:21 pm

You look so great.   I am so proud of you.  If you don't mind me asking.  How long did it take you to reach this goal?  I am hoping most of my weight will come off in the first year but I know they say it can take up to two years to lose it all.  Its people like you on this site that keep the newbies like myself going and inspired. 

Dcgirl
on 12/2/14 9:30 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks!  I will be one year out on December 16th, so in two weeks.  I lost 18 lbs on my pre-op diet and 192 in the 11.5 months since (I will put this in my original post too).  Here are my posts along the way with my tips and tricks to what works for ME (may not work for everyone) :)

100 lbs lost

200 lbs lost

AngryViking
on 12/2/14 9:24 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Ah.  Mah.  Zing.  I'm so happy for you, Em!  Just look at you! 

And lol @ "daily 3 week stall freak out posts".

jenn1469
on 12/2/14 9:36 pm

you have done awesome and you look amazing

Jennifer

Tanya S.
on 12/2/14 9:43 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

You are amazing!  Thanks for sharing.

yankeescl
on 12/2/14 9:49 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

Congratulations!  You look amazing! 

Han Shot First
on 12/2/14 10:07 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Congratulations!  That has to be an amazing feeling!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?