Help

Beth M.
on 12/17/14 12:51 pm - KS

I originally lost 89#.  I am almost 3 yrs out.  I did well until recently.  My husband was diagnosed with 2 forms of cancer, and I have 2 children struggling with marital problems.  So under the stress I have put on 9 lbs.  I have picked up some old back habits under the stress.  I don't want to go backwards.  I am scared and not sure what to do to get back on track.  It's like mentally I know but I still sabotage myself.  Help 

Emiepie
on 12/17/14 12:59 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Do you know of any support groups in your area?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Beth M.
on 12/17/14 1:01 pm - KS

No.  There was one.  But it no longer meets.

Emiepie
on 12/17/14 1:05 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm sorry to hear that. Hoping that by reaching out here you will find some support. Try and keep your head up.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MickeyDee
on 12/17/14 7:51 pm

The best thing you can do for yourself is to take care of yourself.  You know the drill:  protein first, exercise, find something else to do besides eat.

I know this kind of thing is hard on you.  It was hard on me, too.  

It's only 9# so far, so should be relatively easy to catch.

Come here and kvetch;  we'll be here to help.

Eggface
on 12/17/14 8:00 pm, edited 12/17/14 8:01 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I'm sorry about your husband and other stress going on. Good for you for recognizing that you are needing to get back on track and seeking support. I'd find someone to chat with locally professional type... therapist, counselor, group stuff either WLS or cancer related or both. Sometimes making a list of what is stressing you helps... ask yourself if there is anything, any action you can take on those items, if there is... do those, if there isn't... in the words of Frozen... Let it go. ;) 

Plan your menu for the day and don't eat off the plan, clean the house out of unhealthy choices... make your house a safe zone. Set yourself up for success so if you reach for something it's at least something healthier (veggies cut up already, Greek yogurt dip, etc.) Meditation (guided apps free online) helps quiet my head. Exercise class... or just turn on some tunes and dance.

Best to you,

Michelle "Shelly" 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

selhard
on 12/17/14 8:11 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

You must be feeling overwhelmed to say the least!  Although you must care deeply, it sounds like your adult children need to be told all your focus and strength needs to be directed toward you and your husband right now letting the chips fall where they may fall for them.  Will that lift some of the stress?  What are the old habits...maybe someone here would have advice how to shut the door on them if you reveal what they are?  Wishing you pockets of time for rest and strength to carry on. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 385 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views